Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Default Saved from the scrap

My boss was going to junk this. A few hours of repairing some loose & corroded wiring it was running fine, and I have a nice portable to go along with the DialArc 250.

Then I had to paint it up a bit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Saved from the scrap-p2280001small-jpg  
    Kevin

BX1860, mower, snowblower - B7500HST, FEL, Bush Hog - Grand L3940 HSTC, FEL, snowblower, 6' Landpride brush hog, 6' King Kutter tiller, Corn Pro 18+5 Fifth Wheel, 1950 Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Tractor
    NH T1030- NH T1530 - 49G Brockway

Default Re: Saved from the scrap

Your boss appears to not have much common sense ...... good for you.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by SARG View Post
    Your boss appears to not have much common sense ...... good for you.
    The repair shop wanted $3,500.00 for a new engine That is why they got rid of the machine. The engine was fine once I got constant juice to the coil.

Along with that the trailer this was on lost a wheel and it rolled on the highway. Insurance paid for that repair but they did not fix all the damage inside. We had trouble with it since it rolled. It has about 1600 hours.
    Kevin

BX1860, mower, snowblower - B7500HST, FEL, Bush Hog - Grand L3940 HSTC, FEL, snowblower, 6' Landpride brush hog, 6' King Kutter tiller, Corn Pro 18+5 Fifth Wheel, 1950 Farmall M, Farmall 560D

"Ranchin'" on a 1/4 of a 1/4 in Seminole County, Oklahoma!
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

Very nice! What brand of engine is on it?
    Jay

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so" Ronald Reagan

But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 NIV

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by jayste View Post
    Very nice! What brand of engine is on it?
    Onan P-220
    Kevin

Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

Ouch! I've got a salvaged Bobcat 225 that had an Onan 16 on it I think it was a P220 as well. Onan parts are higher than a cat's back and few around when I was looking. It's still sitting in the shop "engineless". I thought about retrofitting it with another brand but lost the interest. I'm not even sure if the generator will even work once I get it going.
    Jay

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so" Ronald Reagan

But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 NIV

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by jayste View Post
    Ouch! I've got a salvaged Bobcat 225 that had an Onan 16 on it I think it was a P220 as well. Onan parts are higher than a cat's back and few around when I was looking. It's still sitting in the shop "engineless". I thought about retrofitting it with another brand but lost the interest. I'm not even sure if the generator will even work once I get it going.
    What is wrong with the engine??
    Kevin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinj View Post
    My boss was going to junk this. A few hours of repairing some loose & corroded wiring it was running fine, and I have a nice portable to go along with the DialArc 250.

Then I had to paint it up a bit
    Kevin,
    Just some advice from an old guy....If I were you when your boss asks you how it worked out ..tell him..Not so good, you were right ..I had to throw it away..He will not take kindly to being made to look like a fool...Confucius must have a saying that would say it better..He needs to believe he was right.
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

Quote Originally Posted by kevinj View Post
    What is wrong with the engine??
    It had a busted crank, rod and piston.
    Jay

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    Kevin,
    Just some advice from an old guy....If I were you when your boss asks you how it worked out ..tell him..Not so good, you were right ..I had to throw it away..He will not take kindly to being made to look like a fool...Confucius must have a saying that would say it better..He needs to believe he was right.
    Yeah! Bob is right. Tell your boss you had to sink a bunch of money into it and it is still not running. Try to look disappointed but thank him for letting you "try to" fix it.

Great looking machine congrats
    It's the going that counts not the distance!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast