Saved from the scrap

/ Saved from the scrap #1  

kevinj

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D
My boss was going to junk this. A few hours of repairing some loose & corroded wiring it was running fine, and I have a nice portable to go along with the DialArc 250.

Then I had to paint it up a bit:thumbsup:

Attachments

• P2280001small.JPG
    P2280001small.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 760
   / Saved from the scrap #2  
Your boss appears to not have much common sense ...... good for you.

/ Saved from the scrap
Your boss appears to not have much common sense ...... good for you.

The repair shop wanted $3,500.00 for a new engine:confused: That is why they got rid of the machine. The engine was fine once I got constant juice to the coil.

Along with that the trailer this was on lost a wheel and it rolled on the highway. Insurance paid for that repair but they did not fix all the damage inside. We had trouble with it since it rolled. It has about 1600 hours.

/ Saved from the scrap #6  
Ouch! I've got a salvaged Bobcat 225 that had an Onan 16 on it I think it was a P220 as well. Onan parts are higher than a cat's back and few around when I was looking. It's still sitting in the shop "engineless". I thought about retrofitting it with another brand but lost the interest. I'm not even sure if the generator will even work once I get it going.:(

/ Saved from the scrap
Ouch! I've got a salvaged Bobcat 225 that had an Onan 16 on it I think it was a P220 as well. Onan parts are higher than a cat's back and few around when I was looking. It's still sitting in the shop "engineless". I thought about retrofitting it with another brand but lost the interest. I'm not even sure if the generator will even work once I get it going.:(

What is wrong with the engine??

/ Saved from the scrap #8  
My boss was going to junk this. A few hours of repairing some loose & corroded wiring it was running fine, and I have a nice portable to go along with the DialArc 250.

Then I had to paint it up a bit:thumbsup:

Kevin,
Just some advice from an old guy....If I were you when your boss asks you how it worked out ..tell him..Not so good, you were right ..I had to throw it away..He will not take kindly to being made to look like a fool...Confucius must have a saying that would say it better..He needs to believe he was right.

/ Saved from the scrap #10  
Kevin,
Just some advice from an old guy....If I were you when your boss asks you how it worked out ..tell him..Not so good, you were right ..I had to throw it away..He will not take kindly to being made to look like a fool...Confucius must have a saying that would say it better..He needs to believe he was right.

Yeah! Bob is right. Tell your boss you had to sink a bunch of money into it and it is still not running. Try to look disappointed but thank him for letting you "try to" fix it.

Great looking machine congrats