Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
Re: Everlast Welders

Canadian prices and shipping arrangements and even model lineup are different than ours. But they should have the PA 200 for sure in their line. As far as the quality of the little units... We've had no failures, and only one with a fan issue. They use the fan that is common with many of the other units. And that's one thing I haven't seen is any fan issues at all with our entire line. This is a serious industrial capability unit. We are selling multiple units to customers that are buying them for serious duty work. I think one guy is up to almost a dozen, replacing his...gulp...Maxstar CST 280's since he is using them on 220 1 phase, out put is about equal.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #92  

[QUOTECanadian prices and shipping arrangements and even model lineup are different than ours. But they should have the PA 200 for sure in their line. As far as the quality of the little units... We've had no failures, and only one with a fan issue. They use the fan that is common with many of the other units. And that's one thing I haven't seen is any fan issues at all with our entire line. This is a serious industrial capability unit. We are selling multiple units to customers that are buying them for serious duty work. I think one guy is up to almost a dozen, replacing his...gulp...Maxstar CST 280's since he is using them on 220 1 phase, out put is about equal.
][/QUOTE]

well, if they ever get back to me, i'll keep that in mind. :)

I sent them an email. They should have reached you with a return email by now. They CC'd me a copy.:thumbsup:

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #94  

mark; i have considered buying a pa160 or pa200 for no other reason than the price. i still have serious doubts about the quality, but from the prices i have seen on ebay it might be worth gambling a few dollars on.

Well if you want an opinion, I love my PA160, I have had no trouble with it, I am enjoying fabbing things up, It seems to be a well built solid and Little machine, I really like the ability to throw it over my shoulder and walk outside with it and set it up. I have never run out of power to do what I want it to do, and it stays cool as a can be, even when burning one rod after another. I am no pro, but I am getting better, and welding more and more. My Lincoln is for sale now, If you would rather have it. The Everlast is staying.
James K0UA

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #95  

I sent them an email. They should have reached you with a return email by now. They CC'd me a copy.

i told them i would take one... looks like 6-8 weeks delivery.

Well, good things come to those who wait. But I hope it is sooner rather than later.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #97  

Mark,
Is the stick mode of your I-Mig 200 AC or DC? I could find no indication on your web site.

Thanks.

Jim,
Its DC. The stick and mig (of course) is DC. AC only current would be typically produced from cheapest Transformer welders. Usually inverters (most brands) for stick function are DC only. I am sure someone makes an AC/DC Stick only inverter machine, but I can't think of one.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #99  

Jim,
Its DC. The stick and mig (of course) is DC. .... Usually inverters (most brands) for stick function are DC only.....
Mark- Thanks.. I was 90% certain it was... just didn't want to assume. I have never run a Mig or Stick.. just O/A, still at the bottom of the learning curve.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #100  

Mark - Is there a source (i.e. 3rd party supplier) for consumables other than thru your company? I got the impression from these posts that your torches are different from all the other brands so the only place I can get parts is thru your company. What I'd like to see is a 3rd party source so if something happens that Everlast goes out of business I can still get parts.