Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
Re: Everlast Welders

Trr,
I am not sure where that impression came from. My apologies. Our torches can be changed on most for other companies products on most every product, with little or no effort, as well as there are multiple aftermarket sources on our products.

You neglected to mention which consumables?

MIG consumables, are available from trafimet and binzel dealers and distributors, both with presence in the US. Additionally many of the parts interchange with TWECO, especially the tips.

TIG consumables, are interchangeable with weldcraft and many other companies. They interchange with the industry standard WP series 17,26,18, 9 or 20 torches depending upon your torch.

Plasma Consumables, are a little different. Many online suppliers (there are quality differences though), have them on the 60-80 series and can be ordered by the box fulls. Not many local places have these consumables, though. Additionally after market torches are available from several suppliers and can be ordered to fit as well for the HF units. The PP 100 uses a trafimet A101 torch. With our S 45 torch that comes on the PowerPlasma 50, the consumables are available through any trafimet dealer, hobart distributor(the large Hobart uses the same torch series), northern tool, harbor freight, and most tool trucks as well as online at many places.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #102  

Mark -

Thanks, I'm looking at one of the 50 series plasma cutters. Just at the research stage at the moment.

Since your company is "the new kid on the block" I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions. Please feel free to let me know if they are inappropriate. In one of your posts you said the company has been in business for about 5 years and another post showed a building under construction. Also, there are 2 countries commonly referred to as "china" here in the US. The question I have is which china? (Taiwan or the Mainland?) and where were the machines built prior to your new facility being completed? Who manages the plant and is there direct supervision by someone from ?? (China, US, Canada, Australia, ?) In other words who is running the quality assurance program. My experience is that China has the ability to produce excellent products, but can also produce some not so good. The difference seems to be onsite supervision by the company.

By the way, I've heard the 5 year point usually determines which new startup companies will survive and which won't. So congratulations on your 5th anniversary! :thumbsup:

TRR,
My my says 6 years now. lol. But actually the beginnings were in 2004, though things have greatly changed.

The units are made in mainland China. The pictures that were posted are of the new factory that phased into operation in July-September. The facilities are new, but the factory is the same. The facilities are much expanded and production capacity increased. We have announced and unannounced inspections. This week in fact we going to be there for about 3 weeks working in the factory side by side the Chinese going over all aspects of QC. We are there multiple times yearly as well. Of course they are inspected by the other QC organizations that certify the ISO standards and CE ones as well.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #104  

Are the units that come to the U.S. CSA certified? Is the factory ISO9001 certified as well?

Jim

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #105  

Just good ole Chinese tech. Im sure its certified.

The factory is ISO 9002 certified, and I think it has also gained 9001 recently.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #107  

Why do "customers" show pictures of the packaging when received? I know of no one that does that with anything.
Do you ask them to?

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #108  

I posted a picture simply because people on some other sites were saying that they were packaged poorly. When Everlast first came to TBN I just dismissed them. Then after reading some others talk about their experience with buying an Everlast I started reading up. I read some bad, about someone who had problems with a MOSFET plasma but also found plenty of good as well.

I had decided a plasma cutter that could cut what I wanted to cut was out of my range until I read up on Everlast (and a couple of other brands). Since Mark had been posting here I started reading what he was saying to see if he sounded like someone who knew what he was talking about. I spend enough time here and Mark and Everlast help keep this forum up and running it made choosing Everlast over the other brands easy.

Once I decided to order I thought I would document everything, good and bad, so others here would have more information about them. I documented everything from the day it showed up through me putting it through it's paces. I have a lot more pictures that I didn't post. I hope I've shown people what they can expect if they buy a welder from Everlast. For most IMO the expectation is the large names will deliver a great product and a small company with a product assembled in China not so much.

Personally I would like everyone who does buy from any company to tell us all about it. The more information the better, not just Everlast but all brands.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #109  

That was a great response, thank you.

It sounds like you are happy with it so far?

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #110  

I posted a picture simply because people on some other sites were saying that they were packaged poorly.

People need to remember, no matter how well you pack a cannon ball, UPS, and Fedex could still break it! :laughing: