Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Default Re: Everlast Welders

Quote Originally Posted by tnjind View Post
    That was a great response, thank you.

It sounds like you are happy with it so far?
    So far it's better than expected. I'm not a pro so maybe someone else would more critical.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Quote Originally Posted by Shield Arc View Post
    People need to remember, no matter how well you pack a cannon ball, UPS, and Fedex could still break it!
    I kind of expect them to try and break it . From what I read some people were saying that, because of how far they had to be shipped and how rough UPS and FEDEX are, they weren't packaged well enough and components inside were breaking causing failures.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Quote Originally Posted by tnjind View Post
    Why do "customers" show pictures of the packaging when received? I know of no one that does that with anything.
    Do you ask them to?
    This is a very common practice when reviewing computer components as well. Large computer cases come packed in boxes about the same size as welders. When they are damaged there are usually problems fitting up motherboards, power supplies, HDD, or other components.

Computers are very delicate and subject to shipping damage. Modern welders are like little computers it seems.
    2009 Kubota M7040, R1s, LA1153 FEL, fork lift, 3 rear remotes, T&T
    2002 Kubota L48 TLB, 12", 18", 24" HD buckets
    2001 Kubota BX2200, Turf, LA211 FEL
    7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, LandPride RCR2596 cutter, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 4' Bush Hog cutter, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, lots of misc.

Just for general information:

I've spent the last two days grilling Mark and researching their largest machine.

He was not only helpful, but he was also patient when I questioned build quality.
    I'm not going to use this like a hobbyiest, so it will be in a tough environment with long hard welding hours.

Another company rep contacted me also and answered a few questions.

I'm fairly impressed with the confidence they both displayed in their product.
    I'm also impressed that when I voiced my skepticism at being able to provide a professional caliber machine for the price point they're at, they did not get defensive and instead merely answered the questions.

Good customer service starts with communication and they've got a good start in that direction.

Silver Member

That is all consumers can ask for, please post again when you have put some hours on the machine, good or bad.

Honest feedback is appreciated by all.

Tractor
    MF 285

New to the forum. My 1st post.

Can only say good things about the plasma cutter I purchased from Everlast Canada. Have had it since August 2010. Works like a champ . Several people have come into my farm work shop seen me using the PP50 and went out and purcahased on for themselves .

Have my eye on the 250 EX Tig for my next machine.

Good to hear about the plasmas.

Are their consumables compatible with other companies' consumables?

Buying a plasma gets you married to consumables that may or may not be readily available.

The PowerPlasma 50 uses a s-45 torch that was originally built by trafimet. Its the same as Hobart, Harbor Freight and even Matco uses on their plasma cutters. The other torch cons from the larger plasmas can be bought on line at several different sources, including ebay. With that said, we are making a move to a more "standard" type torch on the larger units that should offer local availability through many welding supply stores. More about that later (we can't let the cat out of the bag just yet.)
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders
    http://www.everlastgenerators.com/

Need a welder? Give me a call at (877) 755-9353 ext 204!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark @ Everlast View Post
    The PowerPlasma 50 uses a s-45 torch that was originally built by trafimet. Its the same as Hobart, Harbor Freight and even Matco uses on their plasma cutters. The other torch cons from the larger plasmas can be bought on line at several different sources, including ebay. With that said, we are making a move to a more "standard" type torch on the larger units that should offer local availability through many welding supply stores. More about that later (we can't let the cat out of the bag just yet.)
    Thanks, Mark.

Consumables can be a pain in the *** if you can't get them or are forced to pay a premium price. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TA 247. Husqvarna 54",Gravely Zero, Cub Zero,.Polaris 850 ATV's Stihl 018 026 Pro, 029, 034 Super AV, 039, 044 Mag. Stihl Pole Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark @ Everlast View Post
    The PowerPlasma 50 uses a s-45 torch that was originally built by trafimet. Its the same as Hobart, Harbor Freight and even Matco uses on their plasma cutters. The other torch cons from the larger plasmas can be bought on line at several different sources, including ebay.siWith that said, we are making a move to a more "standard" type torch on the larger units that should offer local availability through many welding supply stores. More about that later (we can't let the cat out of the bag just yet.)
    Oh no,,,,, Not another Plasma Cutter using an "old" Hypertherm Torch...Say it isn't so..?

Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast