Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #111  
Re: Everlast Welders

That was a great response, thank you.

It sounds like you are happy with it so far?

So far it's better than expected. I'm not a pro so maybe someone else would more critical.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #112  

People need to remember, no matter how well you pack a cannon ball, UPS, and Fedex could still break it! :laughing:

I kind of expect them to try and break it :laughing:. From what I read some people were saying that, because of how far they had to be shipped and how rough UPS and FEDEX are, they weren't packaged well enough and components inside were breaking causing failures.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #113  

Why do "customers" show pictures of the packaging when received? I know of no one that does that with anything.
Do you ask them to?

This is a very common practice when reviewing computer components as well. Large computer cases come packed in boxes about the same size as welders. When they are damaged there are usually problems fitting up motherboards, power supplies, HDD, or other components.

Computers are very delicate and subject to shipping damage. Modern welders are like little computers it seems.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #114  

Just for general information:

I've spent the last two days grilling Mark and researching their largest machine.

He was not only helpful, but he was also patient when I questioned build quality.
I'm not going to use this like a hobbyiest, so it will be in a tough environment with long hard welding hours.

Another company rep contacted me also and answered a few questions.

I'm fairly impressed with the confidence they both displayed in their product.
I'm also impressed that when I voiced my skepticism at being able to provide a professional caliber machine for the price point they're at, they did not get defensive and instead merely answered the questions.

Good customer service starts with communication and they've got a good start in that direction.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #115  

That is all consumers can ask for, please post again when you have put some hours on the machine, good or bad.

Honest feedback is appreciated by all.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #116  

New to the forum. My 1st post.

Can only say good things about the plasma cutter I purchased from Everlast Canada. Have had it since August 2010. Works like a champ . Several people have come into my farm work shop seen me using the PP50 and went out and purcahased on for themselves .

Have my eye on the 250 EX Tig for my next machine.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #117  

Good to hear about the plasmas.

Are their consumables compatible with other companies' consumables?

Buying a plasma gets you married to consumables that may or may not be readily available.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

The PowerPlasma 50 uses a s-45 torch that was originally built by trafimet. Its the same as Hobart, Harbor Freight and even Matco uses on their plasma cutters. The other torch cons from the larger plasmas can be bought on line at several different sources, including ebay. With that said, we are making a move to a more "standard" type torch on the larger units that should offer local availability through many welding supply stores. More about that later (we can't let the cat out of the bag just yet.)

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #119  

The PowerPlasma 50 uses a s-45 torch that was originally built by trafimet. Its the same as Hobart, Harbor Freight and even Matco uses on their plasma cutters. The other torch cons from the larger plasmas can be bought on line at several different sources, including ebay. With that said, we are making a move to a more "standard" type torch on the larger units that should offer local availability through many welding supply stores. More about that later (we can't let the cat out of the bag just yet.)

Thanks, Mark.

Consumables can be a pain in the *** if you can't get them or are forced to pay a premium price. I learned that lesson the hard way.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #120  

The PowerPlasma 50 uses a s-45 torch that was originally built by trafimet. Its the same as Hobart, Harbor Freight and even Matco uses on their plasma cutters. The other torch cons from the larger plasmas can be bought on line at several different sources, including ebay.siWith that said, we are making a move to a more "standard" type torch on the larger units that should offer local availability through many welding supply stores. More about that later (we can't let the cat out of the bag just yet.)

Oh no,,,,, Not another Plasma Cutter using an "old" Hypertherm Torch...Say it isn't so..?