Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #11  
Re: Everlast Welders

Pulse Mig is the craze right now. No Spatter!! Do look at Pulse Mig before you buy Standard Mig. Someday soon, Pulse Mig will be the Standard. Remember, Most European and Asian manufacturers are making Electronics that are years ahead of us here in the US. ( They make Electronics, We Buy them. ) I know it's hard to swallow that Miller and Lincoln may not be the most advanced products but if you research this you will be suprised. Plasma may be a different story but Mig and Tig is not. :thumbsup:

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

Thanks for sponsoring the forum!

Now I have, yet another, tool to save up for :)

I wish you'd have sponsored the forum about 4 months ago, I could have had one "do all" unit! Oh well, I like the MM251 I have but want a Plasma/Stick as well and I think the PP205 is just the thing! :)

The unit is technically a Tig/Stick/Plasma. But they are popular. They are on the Prosumer level, although they are competent in every area. They work well for "repair" guys and light fabrication. I some instances, I know of factories using them for go anywhere portability so that they can pick up and carry one unit to the repair spot. They do have the disadvantage of having to swap torches back and forth to change processes, so serious fabricators may want the more industrial favoring independent units.

When/If you get ready, I can make you a deal directly or send you to your local dealer if we have one in your area.

Pulse Mig is the craze right now. No Spatter!! Do look at Pulse Mig before you buy Standard Mig. Someday soon, Pulse Mig will be the Standard. Remember, Most European and Asian manufacturers are making Electronics that are years ahead of us here in the US. ( They make Electronics, We Buy them. ) I know it's hard to swallow that Miller and Lincoln may not be the most advanced products but if you research this you will be suprised. Plasma may be a different story but Mig and Tig is not. :thumbsup:

The Pulse MIG performs well and has a 4 roller driven design on the wire feeder. We will be adding more options in the future, hopefully a push pull gun. But the unit performs flawlessly. It has the capability of infinite adjustments within the pulse range. Most Pulse MIG units come with a narrow set of selectable "presets" or programming that must be downloaded to change the settings. Ours are completely adjustable, with burn back and arc force control.

All our MIG use genuine Binzel high quality guns with Euro style connectors. This makes them readily interchangeable with about any MIG gun manufacturer, because most companies manufacture their guns in a Euro connector version.

The price isn't bad either for a pulse mig with 250 amps @ 35% duty: $1499

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #14  

Been lookin into a plasma recently, figured I'd check out your site... Is the pic posted on the PowerPlasma 60 of the torch head a joke or is that the torch that really comes with it... Seriously a switch Zip Tied to the Torch Handle? Why not just duct-tape it?

318_7.jpg

TD Torch:
t047_r06708_v6.jpg

Is your machine available with No Torch?

The "zip" tie is not uncommon as you would think. Many tig torches have "velcro". The torch is manufactured so it can be mounted in a holder and the switch can be activated remotely, to work in conjunction with the 2t/4t settings available on the machine for track torch/ automated cutting. Our units come standard with torches. Because nearly all companies are proprietary in their connections, the only torches that would fit our machines would be the A series torches from Trafimet. They can provide the fittings as well. But for our modest price, using a hypertherm torch like Miller does on their units, would not be cost effective.

This is the only torch in our stable that does function like this. However, it produces clean, smooth cuts. Our main worry is function here. It is a Panasonic design. Esab uses many of their torch designs as well. Nevertheless, we are introducing another torch with the same components that "update" it since we do have that question a lot and few people take advantage of the track torch feature.

I am posting the updated version, though we have a few of the old ones left in stock. I am also posting other pictures of some of our other torches.

Attachments

• new torch 2.jpg
    new torch 2.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 890
  • A 140 PowerPlasma 100.jpg
    A 140 PowerPlasma 100.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 925
  • torches and consumables 005.jpg
    torches and consumables 005.jpg
    656.9 KB · Views: 939
  • torches pic.jpg
    torches pic.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 1,127
   / Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #17  

The I am posting the updated version, though we have a few of the old ones left in stock. I am also posting other pictures of some of our other torches.

Which pic is the updated version that comes with PowerPlasma 60?

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #18  

Another reason I read some were for zip tying the switch was that the user could move the switch to a location that would best suit their needs .
A friend of sons likes his on top , uses his thumb to activate . While others may like to have it farther back or forward . Just another variable to make the consumer happy with the product and comfortable to use .

Fred H.

Dave,

The first torch from left to right is the newer version.

Fred,

That is a reason as well, as I point it out in the video. It allows(ed) flexibility. Zip ties seem a little different, for some, but once someone has had to pay several hundred for a remote start switch and machine torch on a Miller, few complain about having a zip tie to contend with.

But we are listening to our customers on this one. Even though most people like the torch after they receive it, its the initial perception that counts. Though the torch functions perfectly and it has flexibility, people carry preconceived notions of what something is supposed to be like based on their experience with other brands, regardless of the features of the torch. There's a lot to be said for simplicity, and there is more to be said about appealing to the customer.:thumbsup:

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #20  

I contacted Northern Products when I inquired about what manufacturer in China their yellow covered welders come from. The name of the company they gave to me seems to also make the inverter Lincoln welders. What is the name of the company you are using in China to produce the Everlast?