Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
Re: Everlast Welders

I contacted Northern Products when I inquired about what manufacturer in China their yellow covered welders come from. The name of the company they gave to me seems to also make the inverter Lincoln welders. What is the name of the company you are using in China to produce the Everlast?

I am pretty sure their company does not produce the Lincolns. The Lincoln MIGs are made in Mexico. Lincoln would not allow such a compromised marketing arrangement, I can assure you. They may be clones or licensed to manufacture an older version of their welder for marketing under the factories name, but they are not outright making the welder for Lincoln. Lincoln has sourced a small inverter welder factory in China for the Century line, but that is kept confidential and the factory typically would be prevented under contract and penalities if they dealt with another company in the US. However, that may be part of NT's marketing strategy to infer the similarities and convince customers that they are indeed one in the same. Being around NT products, for some time, I would be cautious to any claims that were made. Our units are NOT made in a factory that makes another US manufacturers product, I can say that. Nor is it a copy or clone of any model. They stand on their own for features, designs and engineering.

Our company factory is proprietary and exclusive to Everlast in the US, as are our features and designs. We do not release that information publicly. Some companies do, but we do not. Some Chinese manufactures have even claimed that they manufacture our welders, when I can assure you they do not, nor have ever done so. I have seen that for myself. Typically I deal with one or so a month that we find claiming to be our product or our factory. There are several hundred manufacturers of welders in China. It seems anyone with a ware house (or a house for that matter) claims to be a welder manufacturer.

We actually have been visiting our facilities several times yearly, particularly during production runs for QC. In fact one is there now.

I can tell you though that our factory has just built brand new facilities and updated and expanded the lines.

This was last year this time, and now it is coming on line.

Woops,

Here's the pictures of the factory in progress from last year. One thing I did fail to point out, is that this is a "private" factory, not run or owned by the Chinese government, and has been in business since 1994 producing welders.

Attachments

• Everlast Factory 01.jpg
    Everlast Factory 01.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Everlast Factory 02.jpg
    Everlast Factory 02.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 896
  • Everlast Factory 03.jpg
    Everlast Factory 03.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 895
   / Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #25  

Although I've never seen these welding units here in Newfoundland they sure look like a nice machine. My shop is full of the blue machines but I would have no problem adding one of these units to the shop. I hope to get the opportunity to try one some time. You got some great info on here and the warranty on these units are very good as well. Thanks for becoming part of this great site making it even better. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

We do have a Canadian distribution center outside Toronto. I am sure they can help you if you need anything.

On a personal note, I am glad to help. My background is agriculture. One thing I do know is tractors, especially any old or odd tractor.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #27  

Had a look a the video and the site.... Bookmarked the Canadian site for when my $20 "auction special" 225AC machine bites the dust! :) (i was surprised it even worked at all, so for $20 i'm not expecting a long life :p )

With free shipping, why would I buy a "crappy tire" machine when I could get a TIG-upgradeable PowerArc200 with infinitely variable DC output for pretty much the same price?!? :D

Dan

P.S.: Me being a n00b, mind explaining why 6010 is so different it needs it's own special hookup?

A 6010 has a cellulose flux...Think of it as a piece of metal rod being surrounded by newspaper. That's pretty much a 6010. The burning of the cellulose creates a gas cloud around the weld until it cools, which it does very rapidly because the remaining slag is very little and very tightly held to the weld.

I am not a metallugist, but I know that some rods have alloys and compounds in the metal and the flux such as silicon, lime, and iron powder that help stabilize the arc and wet in the puddle. The 6010 does not. The 6011, which is very similar to the 6010 sharing a similar cellulose flux does have some stabilizers. The problem with these "additives" is that they sacrifice penetration. The 6010 is generally used for root pass welds when welding pressure vessels and any type "code" work. It offers a stiff forceful arc, but the arc is generally held very close. As the arc gets closer, the volts begin to drop. In welding, it really isn't just amps that does the welding, its both volts and amps that you are concerned with, or rather your total watts of power. So even though the amps stay the same, the voltage drops to almost nothing on typical transformer machines and on many inverters. The 6010 setting boosts the "watts" of power synergically when the arc is held close to keep the rod burning even and stable.

Everlast is moving to its expanded facitlities today, and this weekend. Sales will be closed but tech support ext 203 and 204 should be operational.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #30  

Mark
What is the weight and dimensions of the PowerArc 160? (power source only)
What is the weight and dimensions of the PowerArc 200? (power source only)

Thanks