Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #31  
Re: Everlast Welders

Mark
What is the weight and dimensions of the PowerArc 160? (power source only)
What is the weight and dimensions of the PowerArc 200? (power source only)

Thanks

Everlast you are actively posting yet no response, more questions?

Well I will refrain from posting them. A response would be nice.

Thanks

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

Rhett,

It was not intentional. I keep up with several sites, along with my regular duties. I had seen the post and meant to retrieve the information you requested, but simply forgot. I apologize. The PA 200 weighs 30lbs, the 160 slightly under that around 25 lbs.

The dimensions (I am without my notes) if I recall correctly on the PA 200 is 9"wx10""hx11deep roughly. The 160 is a couple inches smaller in height. After the weekend, I can get a little closer for you.

Just curious as to the specifics why the dimensions and weight were critical?
We've been adding some of those dimensions to our site, but haven't gotten all of them done yet.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #33  

Rhett, .........
Just curious as to the specifics why the dimensions and weight were critical?

For making a sight unseen decision, the units size and weight gives a physical description, which a picture does not.
:confused2:

The reason I asked is that we have some people that want to fit them inside a small space or have a place they wanted store them. Or they sometimes actually want larger units. (Seriously, no joking, some people feel that two units all things equal, the bigger unit will be better). I like to keep track of that because it helps in figuring out what kind of future accommodations we need to make to product size/design.

Attention to all our customers:

We have finished the move/expansion process but we are working on the phone system upgrade today, so for at least half the day the lines will be down.

Anyone needing to reach a direct number can call: 229-457-2598 and reach me on my cell if its needed. Or you can email me at performance@everlastwelders.com

For those interested, Jody at welding tips and tricks has begun a series of videos using our PowerPro 256. This is the first in the series, others will be posted later.

YouTube - weldingtipsandtricks's Channel

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #37  

I was wondering if you can explain some of the terminology of the power plasma 50 and others. When they are saying 60% rated duty and such. or duty cycle. I want to ensure I use a safe amperage in the unit. I purchased a power plasma 50. But havent hooked it up yet, as well, the air we have is jacked up to 170psi, will the regulator except this in the unit or should I lower the air system. Looks like a nice unit. It was explaining the recommended max cut at 10-12 inch per minute, but couldnt quite understand the chart. Also, is there a reference I could find that shows the air pressure setting and amperage setting for best performance on particular thickness of mild steel? Thanks.

You'll need to reduce the air pressure to the unit. No more than 80-90 psi should be supplied to the unit.

The plasma cutter operates best throughout the range of 50-70 psi. Primarily most cutting should be done from 60-65 psi. It something that you'll need to experiment with. I'd start at 20 amps at 50 psi and work up incremetally until you get the cleanest cut.

The rating at 10-12 inches per minute deals with the cutting speed at a given rated thickness. For the PP 50, on steel the 10-12 ipm rating is 3/4 inch. That means when you are cutting 3/4 inch thick steel, you should expect a travel speed of 10-12 inches per minute under ideal conditions.

Duty cycle is the amount of time out of 10 minutes you can operate the welder or plasma cutter at a given amperage. For example the PowerPlasma 50 is rated at 60% duty cycle at 50 amps. This means the cutter can operate for 6 minutes of cutting out of 10 minutes. Of course, humidity temperature and other things can affect cutting speed. Now, the torch itself, may not fully support the duty cycle of the machine, especially when piercing or blind hole cutting, where heat is directed back on the torch. But, typical cutting should not be a problem.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #39  

Do you have any of your machines connected to plasma cutting tables, and do your machines accept machine cutting torches. If using the machine with a plasma cutting table, what is the delay time for the cutting action to start, and how long does the air run when the arc is off.

J J,
Yes, we do have some of our customers that use the units on plasma tables. Just as with most plasma cutters, the customer must tie in internally themselves. Depending upon how your table is configured, some use arc voltage sensors and other more simple ones use a simple timer to delay move. Our electronics engineer can provide you the information you need on what needs to be done.

Our Plasma Cutters 60-100 amps have high frequency start. But most seem not to have any problem with the HF ground connected and the points adjusted to the minimum settings.

The PowerPlasma 50 is not high frequency and is a blowback start design.

All of our new cutters come with a euro style quick connect design which can be hooked to several different common torches from Trafimet, which also has a machine torch for different applications. This is the only torch connector style that is considered "universal". All other companies have proprietary connections.

We have adjustable postflow times.

Here's a video link to a customer in Costa Rica that is using one with a manual torch. YouTube - CNC PLASMA EVERLAST POWERPLASMA 70 FIRST WORK