Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
It's going to depend upon whether you want AC TIG capability for welding aluminum or not...or if you want spool gun capability with MIG or not. There are several way to do this and get you what you want. Do you want the same tig/stick power? Do you have 3 phase? If you could tell me the answers to these questions, it would be helpful. If you want a DC multipurpose unit the PowerMTS 250S, or the PowerMTS 400 might be a good solution for you. Then a separate plasma cutter, something like the PP60. If you can tell me a little more I can make better recommendations.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #432  
It's going to depend upon whether you want AC TIG capability for welding aluminum or not...or if you want spool gun capability with MIG or not. There are several way to do this and get you what you want. Do you want the same tig/stick power? Do you have 3 phase? If you could tell me the answers to these questions, it would be helpful. If you want a DC multipurpose unit the PowerMTS 250S, or the PowerMTS 400 might be a good solution for you. Then a separate plasma cutter, something like the PP60. If you can tell me a little more I can make better recommendations.

Mark Yes I need AC Tig I do not weld Al more than 3/8 Inch . ( at least I havent in a while ) Mostly I Mig things I fab unless I need to be sure that I get a good bond then I stick . and Iv never needed all the amps our Miller sincrowave 300 produces. Thank you for your reply .
Chuck

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #433  
Mark Yes I need AC Tig I do not weld Al more than 3/8 Inch . ( at least I havent in a while )
Well there goes the bank account! :laughing:;)

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #434  
Well there goes the bank account! :laughing:;)

yes I know Boss did not like my old P@H welder so he bought the Miller which is a very nice rig But Now I need a welder and they arent getting any cheaper , but with the economy i have to continue to produce things so its bullet biting time also have to build a shop . aint this funn ! :)

Chuck

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #435  
Well hey, there are a lot of us here who are more than willing to help spend your money! :D

I'd think for MIG our new i MIG 250 would be a good bet, this is the version with out pulse, but has a spot and stick feature. For TIG, you won't beat the PowerTIG 250EX. For plasma, I think the PowerPlasma 60 would give you all the amps you need to cut what you'll weld most of the time.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #437  
Mark

Would you know if Everlast welder models sold in Australia are the same as those sold in the USA. Basically if I need a new or different welder type can I go to an Australian welding shop and say I want this or that Everlast welder as per your posts?

Thank you.

John

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #438  
Mark

Would you know if Everlast welder models sold in Australia are the same as those sold in the USA. Basically if I need a new or different welder type can I go to an Australian welding shop and say I want this or that Everlast welder as per your posts?

Thank you.

John

The Austrailian models are wired differently and due to some of your "different" wiring like bonded grounds etc, 240V on a single power leg. They carry some models we don't and we carry some they don't. I don't know the dealer diversification over there. The Austrailian distributor is Pick products, and Bob Guthrie is one of the principles. You can contact them to find out where the closest dealer is, or if they can sell direct in your area.

Here's their info:

Sydney:
5A Karloo Parade
Newport NSW 2106
(02) 9999 2949
Port Macquarie:
2B Pandorea Place
Port Macquarie
(02) 8209 3389

After hours support:
0413 447 492

email:
Sales: sales@pickproducts.com.au
Support: support@pickproducts.com.au

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #440  
Mark

Thank you. A friend of mine has asked for a recommendation for a MIG welder suitable for thin sheet metal such as car panels. I'll pass on the contact info. I think he'll appreciate the after hours support.

John.