Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast
    Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts.
    Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

Default Re: Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

I seen before you said you tried Hobart's 6011, did it happen to be the 335A 6011? I found that to be childs play to run. If your PA-140 can't run that I'd be shocked.

Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse.
    Lincoln LF-72 wire feeder.
    Lincoln SG Spool gun.

Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300.
    Everlast PowerArc 200.
    Everlast PowerArc 300.
    3 Lincoln SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw.
    Hypertherm Powermax 1250, CNC table.
    PROFAX Welding Positioner.
    JD2 model 3.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shield Arc
    I seen before you said you tried Hobart's 6011, did it happen to be the 335A 6011? I found that to be childs play to run. If your PA-140 can't run that I'd be shocked.
    Got 5lb. each 1/8 and 3/32 from Amazon. Just says 6011. Other forums said that it is the 335A version, but who knows. No one has Hobart arround here, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it.

It was due in part to your high praise of your everlast welder that I thought I would get this one. I think I would feel a lot better if you had a hard time with it also.
    Dan H.

Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts.
    Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

I've read numerous posts where people say these small inverters will not run 6010. One of Miller's small inverters won't do it either. I've only run 7 inverters in my life. The two V350-Pros I've owned, my Dynasty 300, a Dynasty 200, my PA-200, and member here Furu's Stickweld 250, and a Miller Pipe Pro. I still say they all like one brand of rod over another! So your 140 doesn't surprise me that it won't run 6010, but not being able to run 6011 really surprises me. You know, there just might be something wrong with it, remember Furu, and Deereman had to return their Stickweld 250s because they didn't work right?

Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse.
    Lincoln LF-72 wire feeder.
    Lincoln SG Spool gun.

Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300.
    Everlast PowerArc 200.
    Everlast PowerArc 300.
    3 Lincoln SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw.
    Hypertherm Powermax 1250, CNC table.
    PROFAX Welding Positioner.
    JD2 model 3.

Tractor
    1946 cockshutt 60

The properly working inverter is amazingly good... Heck, even a defective one is better than an ac tombstone..... LOL
    Never carry gasoline in your car trunk. If you do, atleast use some sort of container.
    -red green

I'd be glad to test it out for you. The fact is, that you do have to hold a closer arc with many inverters because they have a signal that shuts them down if the voltage or watts spike too high. This is to prevent overcurrent and exceeding the rated current of the machine. The work clamp could be an issue as well...and can make it sensitive to a long arc too if resistance is high due to a poor connection or something. I assume the unit is being used DCEP?
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders
    http://www.everlastgenerators.com/

Need a welder? Give me a call at (877) 755-9353 ext 204!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shield Arc
    I've read numerous posts where people say these small inverters will not run 6010. One of Miller's small inverters won't do it either. I've only run 7 inverters in my life. The two V350-Pros I've owned, my Dynasty 300, a Dynasty 200, my PA-200, and member here Furu's Stickweld 250, and a Miller Pipe Pro. I still say they all like one brand of rod over another! So your 140 doesn't surprise me that it won't run 6010, but not being able to run 6011 really surprises me. You know, there just might be something wrong with it, remember Furu, and Deereman had to return their Stickweld 250s because they didn't work right?
    Yes. I'm beginning to think that too. But everyone keeps saying: "inverters work different, you have to keep a close arc". It would help if they would publish a volt/amp curve. I did try watching the voltage as I welded to see if anything weird was going on, but everything looked OK to me. I also watched the current, but that seemed OK too.

I just think that if you have to hold the end of the rod below the surface of the workpiece to keep it lit, something isn't right.
    Dan H.

Holding it in is how the the arc force works....Here's a link from our competition that may shed some "official" light on the subject. Miller - Selecting a Constant Current (CC) DC Welder for Training Purposes
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark @ Everlast
    I'd be glad to test it out for you. The fact is, that you do have to hold a closer arc with many inverters because they have a signal that shuts them down if the voltage or watts spike too high. This is to prevent overcurrent and exceeding the rated current of the machine. The work clamp could be an issue as well...and can make it sensitive to a long arc too if resistance is high due to a poor connection or something. I assume the unit is being used DCEP?
    I've got the work clamp on a spot that I ground clean. Yes on DCEP. Stinger to (+), and work clamp to (-).

I had recorded video of the current and voltage while welding with 6011 and 7018 to see if I could spot a major difference. But they both looked about the same, even though the 7018 worked well.
    I should have done the same with the miller to see if I could spot the difference.

I had also used some Lincoln wearshield ABR (hardfacing) and it took a few rods to find the sweet spot regarding current and technique.
    But then it worked great, a bit better than the miller even. I thought that's how it would be with the 6011.
    Dan H.

Do you have another work clamp and cable you could try? Just trying to reduce any possibility.
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark @ Everlast
    Holding it in is how the the arc force works....Here's a link from our competition that may shed some "official" light on the subject. Miller - Selecting a Constant Current (CC) DC Welder for Training Purposes
    Yes read that. Not much help.
    You wouldn't have a volt/amp chart for the powerarc140 would you?
    I swear Mark I'm keeping a short arc. I can feel the rod touching the workpiece.
    Dan H.

Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast