Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #41  
Re: Everlast Welders

Ok Mark you got me. It just so happens that I was looking for a plasma cutter. I have been researching 50 amp units, all over the place welding web etc. I was looking at some of those cheaper units on e-bay (Simadre, Lotos,) but I am a little wary. However I am only a do it yourselfer, and expense is always a concern. Your units are highly rated, and I just made an offer on a power plasma 50. Now I am curious to see if my offer is accepted. I love the make an offer feature, and I feel like I made a fair offer. By the way, your web site is very professional. No hard feelings if my offer is refused.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #42  

Wow that was fast. My offer was turned down, but I am real close to buying the Supercut 50p. Lets go Oleg, talk to me.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #43  

Done Deal. Just paid for an Everlast supercut 50p. A little wheeling, and dealing never hurt anybody, and it was About $300 less than the Miller. I will post on how it works when It gets here in about 5 days.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #44  

I was wondering about the "make an offer" feature, so can you go down 10% and get it accepted or is it less. Let us know your experience.

Thanks.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

It depends upon sales we have from time to time. You get the best deal dealing direct, with me of course.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #46  

I was wondering about the "make an offer" feature, so can you go down 10% and get it accepted or is it less. Let us know your experience.

Thanks.

I was reaching a bit with my first offer, but like the priceline commercial says, "go on try it." My first offer was turned down. However I was I able to get 20% off a Supercut 50p, and shipping was very reasonable considering it is coast to coast. I would also recommend going to Welding web, and watching a head to head test that was done between Everlast, Longevity, and hypertherm. it was done in a working shop environment, and helped me make my choice. I was going to buy one of those cheap E-Bay units, but got nervous. I am going to post the whole experience on this forum. It should be interesting, because this unit is marketed to Hobbyists, and do it yourselfers, and thats what I am. I have never used a plasma cutter, and if I can get it up and running, and working as intended anyone can. I also specifically asked about technical support, and was assured I would get help if needed. I dealt with Oleg, who also pointed out that if I joined their forum, on their site, I would get all consumables for 50%off. P.S. It was mentioned that a sale was going on and not all prices on all models were open to as much negotiation.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #47  

Mark and Davy,

thanks for the useful information. I am good in the welder department, have a Blue XMT (Multiprocess), but have been jones-ing for a nice plasma cutter. The PowerPlasma 60 looks very tempting, I think it might have to be a Xmas present from Santa to me.

Mark, can you email or pm me a price?

Thanks,

Derek

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #48  

I avoid Welding Web. The few times a read up on something over there it seams like you have some old timers who think if it's not the brand they love then it's junk. I decided to see if I could easy find the head to head test and all I found was someone named Jim Colt saying how great Hypertherm is and while not directly bashing Everlast he seamed to be very worried about the brand.

Davy if you could post or PM me a link I would like to see it.

Sometimes here we get a little heated over subjects that we feel strongly about but not like over there. Maybe in other areas of the forum are different but I doubt I'll look. In the near future I would like to add a plasma cutter but know it's not going to be a $2500 unit. I want something that'll cut 3/4" plus, anything less than that I can cut with other means (of course if I bought a plasma I would use it over other means).

I'm thinking something like the Hyperterm PowerMax 65 (maybe the 45) would be the size I would be looking at. However the only price I've seen is almost $2400. Or for less than half of that I can get a PowerPlasma 60 or 60E for less than half the cost. If Jim Colt can't understand that then I guess it's his companies loss.

People seam to just see the word China and assume it's all junk. The truth is it all depends on the company who specifies what materials and how it made. Next spring I'm going to buy a two post car lift for the garage. BendPak is probably one of the biggest names. If you go to their website you read why they have a plant in China.

While I really don't need a plasma cutter right now I'm still looking so when I do decide to buy I have already narrowed down my choices, if not picked one out.

Davy once you get a little time with your 50 please report back.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #49  

I was reaching a bit with my first offer, but like the priceline commercial says, "go on try it." My first offer was turned down. However I was I able to get 20% off a Supercut 50p, and shipping was very reasonable considering it is coast to coast. I would also recommend going to Welding web, and watching a head to head test that was done between Everlast, Longevity, and hypertherm. it was done in a working shop environment, and helped me make my choice. I was going to buy one of those cheap E-Bay units, but got nervous. I am going to post the whole experience on this forum. It should be interesting, because this unit is marketed to Hobbyists, and do it yourselfers, and thats what I am. I have never used a plasma cutter, and if I can get it up and running, and working as intended anyone can. I also specifically asked about technical support, and was assured I would get help if needed. I dealt with Oleg, who also pointed out that if I joined their forum, on their site, I would get all consumables for 50%off. P.S. It was mentioned that a sale was going on and not all prices on all models were open to as much negotiation.
I want to apologize to the members who called Oleg at everlast about the 20% percent off on the Supercut 50p. I was mistaken in saying I had saved 20%, I was using the price I was quoted for the Supercut 50. In point of fact I ended up saving a total of 11%. I was still happy with the whole experience, and still feel I got a good deal.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #50  

I avoid Welding Web. The few times a read up on something over there it seams like you have some old timers who think if it's not the brand they love then it's junk. I decided to see if I could easy find the head to head test and all I found was someone named Jim Colt saying how great Hypertherm is and while not directly bashing Everlast he seamed to be very worried about the brand.

Davy if you could post or PM me a link I would like to see it.

Sometimes here we get a little heated over subjects that we feel strongly about but not like over there. Maybe in other areas of the forum are different but I doubt I'll look. In the near future I would like to add a plasma cutter but know it's not going to be a $2500 unit. I want something that'll cut 3/4" plus, anything less than that I can cut with other means (of course if I bought a plasma I would use it over other means).

I'm thinking something like the Hyperterm PowerMax 65 (maybe the 45) would be the size I would be looking at. However the only price I've seen is almost $2400. Or for less than half of that I can get a PowerPlasma 60 or 60E for less than half the cost. If Jim Colt can't understand that then I guess it's his companies loss.

People seam to just see the word China and assume it's all junk. The truth is it all depends on the company who specifies what materials and how it made. Next spring I'm going to buy a two post car lift for the garage. BendPak is probably one of the biggest names. If you go to their website you read why they have a plant in China.

While I really don't need a plasma cutter right now I'm still looking so when I do decide to buy I have already narrowed down my choices, if not picked one out.

Davy once you get a little time with your 50 please report back.

I know what you mean. The guy who did the comparison between the three cutters came off a little biased toward the Hypertherm. It does seem like your either a Miller fan, or a Lincoln guy, or whatever. It does "put off," a do it yourselfer like me. However there is a lot of info to be mined off that site, without having to post. the guys on this site are a lot more helpful, and iIwould ask any beginner questions here first.