Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #501  
Mark ...I have this pluged into a 30amp 220 line and have run it at 120 amps. How far can I take it to safely? Love this machine and still trying to get acclimated.

And what is "this"?

Did my question just get put on ignore??

Mark was on travel for a while.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #502  
mark was talking about the PowerARC 200ST which i just purchased and know little about stick welding. I have no room to add a 50 amp breaker and the PowerARC 200ST draws a max of 34 amps (according to the Everlast tech guy I called).

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #503  
mark was talking about the PowerARC 200ST which i just purchased and know little about stick welding. I have no room to add a 50 amp breaker and the PowerARC 200ST draws a max of 34 amps (according to the Everlast tech guy I called).

I have the PA200ST and I've posted how much I can get out of it on a 20 amp outlet. Look through my posts to find it. At 30 amps input, you should be able to weld with any 1/8" electrode. And don't worry about pushing the machine too hard, it will shut down to protect itself before it is damaged by heat.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #504  
Thanks Dan that is what I needed to know… now I can go practice.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
Been out for the weekend...just got back. As far as an answer...I don't mean to sound like it sounds, but you should consult a licensed electrician. Codes do vary somewhat though the NEC is the guideline. Some local codes may be tougher. I am not an licensed electrician, so any advice outside of that that I give has no legal weight or official recommendation and should be taken with a grain of salt. But at 30 amps, you should have the ability to take it close to the maximum...though actual inrush is around 40 amps take a look at your I1MAX listed on the units spec panel. That is your maximum amp inrush current. The I1eff is the rated amperage which is the average running amp draw. A slow trip circuit breaker or a time delay fuse should see up you to almost the max rated output on 120V.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #506  
Thanks Mark …I am on a 30amp at 220 V. I will look over the unit and see what it tells me.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #507  
Mark is there some way i could order a PA140, i don't need tig i already have an mts. Don't see the use of going all the way to the PA200ST, i already have a lincoln AC/DC stick welder. Besides the reason i was looking at the PA140 was that i can run it on my generator.

Being in Canada, they do not offer that model. The 140ST I think is better built internally ( there is a difference). For the price difference, getting a TIG torch is a miniscule consideration. The carry case can account for half the price difference.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #510  
Thanks Mark.

Hows the manual for the iMIG 140e comming along?