Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
Waiting on a unit so I can complete it.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #512  
I use Lincoln Weld Pak 100 for 10+ years, it was a Sam's club clearance and amazing deal.

Over the years I built many things with it, but I was always toying with the idea to get a stick welder for welding thicker steel. Say 1/4"-3/8", things like jeep bumper, fix a tractor implement, weld a railing or tabs on fence post - just what the day or weekend brings.

I am looking at Hobart AC/DC at TSC - what Everlast unit would you recommend for me?

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #513  
I use Lincoln Weld Pak 100 for 10+ years, it was a Sam's club clearance and amazing deal.

Over the years I built many things with it, but I was always toying with the idea to get a stick welder for welding thicker steel. Say 1/4"-3/8", things like jeep bumper, fix a tractor implement, weld a railing or tabs on fence post - just what the day or weekend brings.

I am looking at Hobart AC/DC at TSC - what Everlast unit would you recommend for me?

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #514  
I highly recommend the PowerArc 200, or 300. Buy or rent a bottle of argon, and buy a Tig rig. Then you'll be covered for most welding projects. :cool2:

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #515  
I agree with Shield Arc. The PA200 is a great choice. If you get the PA200ST, it will run on 120 volts up to about 90 amps output.

It will burn 6010 great, as well as any other rod. It's my favorite welder.

Yes...I agree as well. Keep it between the 200ST and the 300. If you don't need dual voltage, and a few more bucks isn't going to break the bank, consider the PA 300. Both will outweld the one you are looking at, but that's not to say the unit at TSC isn't a good unit. It just isn't as capable.

PM me if you are interested in a price on a welder.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #519  
Hey Mark, is Everlast Canada dropping off their line of products? They only offer tig and stick units now, and limited models....:confused:

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #520  
Hey Mark, is Everlast Canada dropping off their line of products? They only offer tig and stick units now, and limited models....:confused:
I would guess that its related to http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/314315-got-interesting-letter-rcmp-today.html and Canada - Recall Notice
Probably the models being sold are only ones that have finished getting ETL certified (ie: POWERARC140ST, POWERARC200ST, POWERTIG185, POWERTIG200DX and POWERARC160STH) Intertek ETL Listed Directory

Aaron Z