Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #51  
Re: Everlast Welders

....I'm thinking something like the Hyperterm PowerMax 65 (maybe the 45) would be the size I would be looking at. However the only price I've seen is almost $2400. .....

I really try to avoid buying anything made in China. American's complain about the loss of
jobs in the USA, but buy cheaper stuff from China.

Two weeks ago, I purchased a new Hypertherm 45 on Ebay for $1450, with free shipping.
regards,
Steve

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #52  

I really try to avoid buying anything made in China. American's complain about the loss of
jobs in the USA, but buy cheaper stuff from China.

Two weeks ago, I purchased a new Hypertherm 45 on Ebay for $1450, with free shipping.
regards,
Steve

I try to as well but since I worked hard to earm it I'm mindful of money as well. If HyperTherm was to sell a unit near the price of the Everlast, say something with a lower duty cycle or not the latest tech, I would look into it. But they don't, they have decided to focus on the commercial user. Since I've decided my standards and my limits on how much I'm willing to spend I have to look in that range.

So we are not talking apples to apples. I respect HyperTerm's choice and maybe that's where the bulk of the business is. But I can tell you I know a number of people who would like a plasma cutter but figured that they were just priced too high.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

We are offering a good discount, and all prices include shipping Davy, thanks for clearing that up. I wanted to reply earlier this afternoon to clear up the matter. You still got a good deal on a plasma cutter. Its a basic cutter with pilot arc, and doesn't have the features of the PowerPlasma 50, but it is able to cut most plate metal you will find on any farm or auto shop situation.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #54  

A quick post before I go to work. I received my Supercut 50p on Monday October 18. That was 11 days after I ordered it, not bad considering it was coast to coast, and this is the peak season for shipping. The unit came well packaged, and a good thing too, because there was a tear in the box, (see pic.) I wanted to get right to it, but I found the enclosed instructions were very poor, (,I was aware of this from other posts.). I went to the Everlast site, and downloaded that manual. Even with those instructions, there was not much information on how to hook up your cables, and air filter/regulator. It was pretty easy in any case. If you have any mechanical ability, you will figure it out. "Square peg, in square hole, round peg, in round hole etc...
I did not like the plug that came with the cutter, so I will put a dryer plug on it, and make an extension cord for it. I did notice that the machine was tested, and certified. You could see the burn marks on the tip. I will post more, when I finish the wiring. Just a reminder, that I have never used a plasma cutter before, and I figured I would post about how easy, or difficult the machine is to set up, and use.

Attachments

• camp addition 019.jpg
    camp addition 019.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 294
  • camp addition 020.jpg
    camp addition 020.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 277
  • camp addition 021.jpg
    camp addition 021.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 286
  • camp addition 022.jpg
    camp addition 022.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 345
   / Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #55  

You will definitely like the way a plasma cuts, and will cut anything metal. There is one consideration you have to understand, and that is to have clean dry air.

I just purchased the HP desiccant air filter, and last week found a Motor Guard filter and a water separator. I will set up the filters like this. First inline will be the regulator and water separator, then the Motor Guard, then the desiccant filter, then a particle filter., By the time I get this all set up, I think my plasma cutting will improve a bit. In the future I will be working on my computer plasma cutting table, using either the hand held or the machine torch. I already have the hand torch set up to trigger the plasma cutter, but am looking at how to activate the machine torch.

Good luck with your plasma cutter.

I have the Lincoln 55 .

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #56  

Attachments

• range p lug.jpg
    range p lug.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
   / Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #57  

If I remember correctly the PowerPlasma 60 was rated at 50amps input so I would guess the 50p would be maybe 40 or less, I even think it's a 110v/220v model. My Lincoln 255 mig uses a plug that looks like an oversized standard 110v plug. I believe it to be a 50amp 220v plug. I'm on the edge on ordering a PP60 and would like to use the same cord I use for my mig so I started looking into it.

For some reason, not known to me, our units keep getting shipped with an old 110/220V "window shaker" plug. We do not spec. the units this way, but it seems to be the factory has a generous supply of them. Any one that receives them should discard them. They are not going to work for our units. Now, I would strongly suggest the NEMA 6-50 P. It is what welders are designed to use with a 3 wire plug. The 4 wire plugs for dryers are not recommended, because there is so much confusion involved in adapting the plug. Any older "crow foot" plugs can be used, but the modern standard forwelders and plasma cutters on single phase is the NEMA 6-50.

Since there are so many people that have different plug configurations, we do not include plugs installed on the cord ends.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #59  

You can always make adapters as long as you follow the rules.

Here is the plug and receptacle configuration for NEMA 6-50

Attachments

• plig NEMA 6-50P.jpg
    plig NEMA 6-50P.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 419
  • Receptacle NEMA 6-5-R.jpg
    Receptacle NEMA 6-5-R.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

Yes,
This is true. I make them out of the pig tails you buy for the appliances and on the other end, I use the 6-50 receptacle.

However, many people don't know or can't figure out the rules, as has been my experience talking with customers about this.