Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #731  
Hello Mark,

I'm interested in picking up a PowerPro 205s. Would you please send me a quote.
Thanks,
-Mat
Howell, MI

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
Matt,
We no longer make the PowerPro 205S. It has been replaced with the 205Si. I will pm you.

As a general FYI, we are indeed still growning and expanding at a rapid pace and plan on going nowhere and will continue to support this forum as long as our support is welcomed. You guys and girls have been great supporters of our product, and we'll continue to support this forum and continue to answer questions and help out the best we can with our product, and even our competitor's products (if we can). Don't forget that we are still offering all TBN members discounts on our products as thanks for continued support. Just contact me direct if you need anything or want to buy one of our products so that you will receive your discount.

Also, we have just updated our website with new product categories, and made some improvements in usefullness. It has relatively few glitches, but there are a few, so don't get alarmed if a few things seem a little buggy as we are working to resolve those items quickly.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #734  
As a general FYI, we are indeed still growning and expanding at a rapid pace and plan on going nowhere and will continue to support this forum as long as our support is welcomed. You guys and girls have been great supporters of our product, and we'll continue to support this forum and continue to answer questions and help out the best we can with our product, and even our competitor's products (if we can). Don't forget that we are still offering all TBN members discounts on our products as thanks for continued support. Just contact me direct if you need anything or want to buy one of our products so that you will receive your discount.

Also, we have just updated our website with new product categories, and made some improvements in usefullness. It has relatively few glitches, but there are a few, so don't get alarmed if a few things seem a little buggy as we are working to resolve those items quickly.

Mark, can you PM me any deals you may have on consumables for 2015 PP50 (with the new style 60A torch)?

Hutchman, did you get my pm?

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #736  
What is the difference between the 256 s and the 256 si? I got a 256 s today off of Craig's list. Thanks Ed

What is the difference between the 256 s and the 256 si? I got a 256 s today off of Craig's list. Thanks Ed

Ed,
256S is an older model. It could have one of a couple of plasma torches with it, depending upon the age. The new 256Si's are greatly improved in reliability and are digital controlled, even though they have analog style inputs.

I should add that I've really never recommended these type of multi-purpose units to the average customer. For me to recommend that type of unit, I like to hear how the customer is going to use it before I recommend them.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #739  
I should add that I've really never recommended these type of multi-purpose units to the average customer. For me to recommend that type of unit, I like to hear how the customer is going to use it before I recommend them.

It will be just a toy, something to piddle with out in the shop. Can't say I even need a welder, but......

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #740  
... Most farms don't need TIG, unless you just want to kick it around.

I know this post is old, but my thinking on this has changed and might help someone think about this a bit different. I have a farm and can weld with any process but have switched to tig for almost everything. I don't have to worry about sparks in the barn starting a fire hours after I finish. I don't have to worry about starting the grass on fire out in the field. And I don't have to cover everything with blankets and curtains in my shop. I ruined one of the cylinders on my tractor bucket a year or two ago when I was mig welding- a hot spark landed right on the cylinder and made a small pit that caused the seal to leak. Now I strap my tig cart in the bucket of the tractor, put the PTO generator on the back, and I can go anywhere and weld anything without starting a fire. Tig is also better for many of the kinds of things I commonly fix: the sheet metal on a bush hog, gates, hinges on gates. All those things are pretty thin and it's easier for me to not burn through and to do a good job with tig. The other nice thing about the tig machine is if I do need to stick weld something, it's right there and I don't have to drag a different machine over. The one real downside is everything has to be really clean, so prep can be a lot more work, but I take a grinder and PickleX. My only regret is not getting a machine with 2T/4T so I could control it from the torch. I'm so often working out of position and it's hard to work the pedal with my knee or elbow. These inexpensive inverter tig machines have been the greatest thing since sliced bread for me.