Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #751  
I made a deal with Mark and purchased a 250EX with a few accessories. I just got a notification from UPS that there has been a delay. It should have been hear today, I'm hoping for a Monday delivery! Looking forward to learning how to TIG weld.

Thanks Mark, I hope you got your project completed!

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #752  
Last edited:
   / Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #753  
I got the welder tonight, I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Maybe tomorrow night. Thanks Mark! I just sent you a PM.

Tim

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #754  
I am confused :confused2:
Was going to pull the trigger on a new welder when I found this, researched and was ready to pull out debit card
MIG Welder, Power i-MIG 2 - Everlast Generators
PowerMTS-200_4.png

then found this:
Everlast Poweri-MIG 2 MIG/Stick Welder-Poweri-MIG 2 - The Home Depot
ec1b576f-0ca4-4e82-b0e4-3d06dbaa2596_1000.jpg

and then this
Power%20i%20MIG%20200.png

they are all the same price???Which one is real?

I liked the Tig,Stick,Mig and Spool gun process of the first one...is it the I-Mig 200?

And the other 2 say they are an I-mig 200

HELP..........:confused:

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
The first one is the MTS unit. That is an old MTS 200. The middle picture is the Power i MIG 200, old version. The last picture is the current version.

If you go to the website page, you will see the actual images of the unit below where you see the MTS image. The MTS picture was used as a place holder until the new product images from the comprehensive photoshoot came out. It is confusing I admit. No idea why HD has the old image. I think since the new product images just came back from the photographer, the images will be corrected all across the board. It'll take a few days.

If you want MIG TIG stick processes (keep in mind that it is DC TIG only with HF start), the PowerMTS 211Si is the new product.

To clear up confusion, I'll put the uncorrected photo shoot images up here.
The first is the Power i MIG 200 images.

Both units support spool gun. Operation is different as spool gun speed is controlled on the panel with the Power i MIG 200 and on the MTS it is controlled on the gun.

Attachments

• mig200_face.jpg
    mig200_face.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 105
  • mig200_back.jpg
    mig200_back.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • mig200_main.jpg
    mig200_main.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 159
  • mig200_side.jpg
    mig200_side.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 133
This is the new PowerMTS 211Si

Attachments

• mts211si_main.jpg
    mts211si_main.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
  • mts211si_face.jpg
    mts211si_face.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 106
  • mts211si_side.jpg
    mts211si_side.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
  • mts211si_back.jpg
    mts211si_back.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
   / Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #757  
Mark, in ther past you have not been a fan of a multiprocess unit. Is that changing as the technology improves?

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #758  
Mark,
Thank you, looks like I will save up for a couple weeks and look at that MTS 211Si

Main use will be Mig 90% Tig 10% for the little bit of Tig (now) this would work better than a dedicated machine (except for no AC Tig)

So many options and not enough cash :laughing:

Thank you again!

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #759  
Remember now, you can Tig weld aluminum on DC. Just need a bottle of helium.
This weld was done on DC with 100% helium.

Attachments

• 100 % Helium.jpg
    100 % Helium.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 193
Mark, in ther past you have not been a fan of a multiprocess unit. Is that changing as the technology improves?

I'm not a fan of units combined with Plasma, such as a TIG, Stick, Plasma. There is a separate inverter in the unit for that. And that is the problem point. But it has improved somewhat with the newer style units with digital control. Not 100% where I'd like to see them, but they are better for sure.

Mig/TIG/Stick units don't experience the same issues. At first I was hesitant, but the units themselves have proven themselves to be trustworthy.