Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #791  
Mark,

Is it best to simply order through the Website? No PM

251si

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #792  
I am new to this Forum, I have an Everlast 140st. It will not hold an arc at low amps. Such as under 30 amps. Put an amp meter onto the cable, and found the reading to be of by 10 amps. andjusted the screws inside ( tiny ones on the blue little boxes) sorry for a bad description.
It brought the amp reading closer. But the unit will not Tig weld below 30. I have been able in the past to weld at low amps and the arc would hold. I have even welded razor blades together. One thing I know happened is that I was Arc welding on the Tig setting. I could send it in to have it repaire, but Id rather save the mone for the 200 DV. Also Id like to repaire this unit myself, for the fun of it. any Ideas what went wrong.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
There several factors to take into consideration. How old is your model? Older units were rated down to 20 amps. More recent units for 10 amps. That doesn't mean it is easy to hold that arc. You need a small tungsten and the right conditions, but it will do it.

But for an issue, Call tech support ext 207 and ask for Mike.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #794  
Hi new to site and in the market for a multi process welder for tig stick and plasma was reading through all the posts and Mark you Said something about not liking the multi process units is this something I should be concerned with as it's what I was in the market for I don't do alot of welding and to be honest it's only going to get light use I want to be able to do aluminum tig and like the idea of having plasma as I won't have to use friends for projects and can do it all in my own garage is there reliability issues with the new units or have the bugs been worked out as well im from Canada is there a tbn discount north of the border as well I was looking at the power pro 164 si although I've seen more models on the us site than Canadian pretty sure this unit will handle everything I will need it for just was concerned when you stated you didn't like them

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #795  
Generally the more processes, parts or what not you shove in a small box, the less optimized the system. To make a plasma, AC & DC TIG in one box it gets really dense with lots of parts crammed in there. You often have to sacrifice durability or performance to do it. And if any of those parts fail the whole machine is down for repairs or replacement.

I'm happy with my Everlast plasma cutter. It's heavy enough on its own, wouldn't want the extra weight & hear of the TIG parts in there. 2 seperate machines are usually better & more optimized.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #796  
Thanks for the info I purchased the 205 si after hoping it holds up
This will be a lightly used unit with small jobs nothing major I don't see a need for multiple units for the amount of work it will be doing hopefully the purchase doesn't bite me in the ***

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #797  
Mark,

I'm considering a 200DV. The information says it includes a regulator, but it's not shown in the "what's included" pictures. Is one included?

Are theses welders currently in stock?

Are you anticipating any sales in the near future? I noticed Amazon is about $100. lower.

Thanks,

John

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #798  
Mark,

I'm considering a 200DV. The information says it includes a regulator, but it's not shown in the "what's included" pictures. Is one included?

Are theses welders currently in stock?

Are you anticipating any sales in the near future? I noticed Amazon is about $100. lower.

Thanks,

John
Generally you can get a slightly better deal if you call them directly.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #800  
Thanks guys.