Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 367683848586878889 ... LastLast
    Gold Member deathtoblackberries's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2380

Default Re: Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

Quote Originally Posted by Will S View Post
    Your post got me to thinking about down-time. I don't make a living welding, but even those who do, and own Miller, still can experience significant down time. I own only Miller, and have never had a problem, but there are plenty of examples out there (just search the web), of people who haveMiller equipment who have been left without a repair, for weeks. And those who have out of warranty failures where the repair (replacement board) costs more than the machine is worth.

So I'm thinking...; for about one-third the price of an equivalent Miller, you could buy a second Everlast machine for your backup, OR, if you had a failure that required shipping it out for repair, you could THEN buy the 2nd machine, and have it in what would probably be less time than getting a Miller repaired. After all, they may have to send them out too. Just thinkin...
    The fact that you can buy an entire 2nd Everlast machine as a backup and still spend thousands less than for a single Miller Dynasty 280dx is nearly impossible to ignore. If the Everlast fails, buy a 2nd while its being repaired or crack open the backup machine.

If Everlast would eliminate the small yet very annoying issues I'd be a bigger fan. The last 255ext I purchased they were out of stock on the cooler so I purchased a Miller Coolmate 3. Of course none of the **** Everlast fittings were compatible I ended up having to purchase adapters, cut Everlast hoses, and clamp stuff together, inside hose diameters different, etc. Pretty annoying but not annoying enough for me to cough up and additional $4k for the Miller welder.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Case 580, bobcat 763

Im not convinced yet that everlast has much of anything to do with these machines, other than take money for them and ship a machine to the customer.
    Still digging on that

Tractor
    Bobcat

Have at it!

I have bought two machines from him, and multiple other people from this site have bought machines from them, and some newbie conspiracy theorist comes along and throws mud at a good guy/company.....

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst

Quote Originally Posted by lilranch2001 View Post
    Have at it!

I have bought two machines from him, and multiple other people from this site have bought machines from them, and some newbie conspiracy theorist comes along and throws mud at a good guy/company.....

Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

Same. I'm happy with Everlast plasma cutter & they replace the regulator that had issues no problem.

Keep thinking about getting a MIG or upgrading my Miller Maxstar 200 to an AC/DC TIG machine instead of DC only. Everlast is on my short list if I ever do. He'll I might be able to sell the Miller & get both...

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by Evan03 View Post
    Im not convinced yet that everlast has much of anything to do with these machines, other than take money for them and ship a machine to the customer.
    Still digging on that
    Dig deeper, they have a factory there that builds them to their standards using their design. A while back (in this thread perhaps?) one of the Everlast guys was talking about their trip over there to iron out some QC issues.

Aaron Z
    A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Friday

Here we go again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Evan03 View Post
    Still digging on that
    Oh puh leese....another conspiracy theorist. I dont mind people researching but to think that there's something amuck...geesh. Go research miller and lincoln and find the truth there as it is a much better kept secret.

We've been around since 2004. I've been with Everlast since 2009. We've been here on tbn nearly as long. 100's of thousands of US customers and distribution on 6 continents...and we have some people that always tries to reinvent the wheel and think we started up last week.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst

Quote Originally Posted by Mark @ Everlast View Post
    Oh puh leese....another conspiracy theorist. I dont mind people researching but to think that there's something amuck...geesh. Go research miller and lincoln and find the truth there as it is a much better kept secret.

We've been around since 2004. I've been with Everlast since 2009. We've been here on tbn nearly as long. 100's of thousands of US customers and distribution on 6 continents...and we have some people that always tries to reinvent the wheel and think we started up last week.
    Kind of annoying when somebody trashes a site sponsor with a good reputation. It's not like this thread alone isn't 8 years old. Pretty good scam if you've kept it up this long with this many happy customers.

They have always been upfront about the Chinese origins of their machines (unlike some American manufacturers). I'd prefer to buy real American, but the bang for the buck isn't even close to being there for my uses. Chinese can mean cheap cheap, but that's not because China can't make good stuff. It's because manufacturers (consumers too for that matter) prioritize cheap price over better quality at a higher price. Everlast isn't the cheapest option by either definition of the word. I'm happy with the value proposition of the machines at least.

Even if you can cut out the middle man, importing yourself is expensive & a pain. Not to mention you pretty much give up any chance of warranty or technical suppprt.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Case 580, bobcat 763

I have no doubt miller welders are no longer of quality that mr miller ounce put his name on that he was proud of.
    He did not say it would last forever didnt say it was the best but he was proud enough to put his name to it not some marketing title.
    Those days are gone. US made is no longer US made no matter whos names on it.

You can **** well bet ill research till my eyes bleed before i spend my money, if thats a conspiracy so be it.

Tractor
    Bobcat

I bet Evan is researching you on a knock off computer......

Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 367683848586878889 ... LastLast