Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #871  
From 40 years in business, which was based soley on word-of-mouth advertising and referrals, I have learned that sometimes, it's best for certain people to become a competitor's customer! ;)

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #872  
Lol yes sometimes by choice sometimes not.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast
From 40 years in business, which was based soley on word-of-mouth advertising and referrals, I have learned that sometimes, it's best for certain people to become a competitor's customer! ;)

Will,
I learned a couple of things in the family tractor business growing up. That was one of them. The other was that some people can tear up a steel ball in a sand bed.:laughing:

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #874  
There was a sign on the office wall at a fab shop in my area that read " Customers give me great pleasure. Some by coming, Some by leaving "

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #875  
Those were tacks, I tacked in several places and welded over most of them. You know maybe I did use filler, on the cart the instructions recommended not using filler on the same type of corner weld. In any case trust me I suck at TIG still. I think the reason these practice beads on the stainless came out nice is I had it clamped to a giant aluminum bar. When welding up the welding cart kit man freaking burnt through so many times (CENSORED) lol

My overall point, even a noob hack TIG welding without any training I was able to get the job done on several projects which I attribute to how good the 255ext is and how easy it was to understand, setup and use.

carttig1.jpg

Yes, I understand. You certainly have have an eye for it.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #876  
Mark I sent a pm a few days ago

I'm interested in getting the Power i-MIG 140E
light duty homeowner use.
Read a lot of reviews and watched your videos on TBN and Youtube.
Outdoor use so flux core wire
I would to get the Flux Core drive roll

Didn't see the length of Work clamp wire.
Would like it to match the 10 Ft. wire of the MIG gun

if you could give me a price for welder and any advice I'd appreciate it

Mike Ward

Mike,
I'll pm you a price.
The 140E has about a 6 foot work cable. That is typical, and usually recommended. Your work clamp should be more or less about half of the gun length for best operation.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #878  
This sounds good.
I am in NY and leaving for North Carolina in a couple of days. any problem waiting to order after Easter when I will be back?

I assume I call you and give cc info at (877) 755-9353 ext 204

No problem. Yes just call me.

/ Everlast Welders - Welders and Plasma Cutters by Everlast #880  
Mark, gotta a couple questions for your PowerPlasma 50 plasma cutter. PowerPlasma 5�S | Everlast Generators

I've never owned a plasma, so please bear with if the question is obvious, already answered or whatever:

- Does this plasma use standard-type (whatever that is) tips and consumables. Standard-type tips and consumables can be considered as anything that can be bought at any farm-type store, TSC, coop, hardware store or big box store pretty much anywhere in the country. Or are they proprietary and only available from Everlast? Or somewhere in between?

- Does this plasma cutter come with a standoff tip (I think that's what it's called) to help protect it? Is a standoff tip recommended, especially for plasma virgins?

- Would you please PM me your best price on this plasma cutter?

General question for anyone.: Is there a good website or youtube video with a succinct and simple "Plasma 101" presentation?

Thanks,

Last edited: