Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 4310

Default Re: Everlast Welders

Actually there are plasma cutting torches that are designed for drag cutting at up to 200 Amps. These torches use shield technology that eliminates the double arcing that occurs on a non shielded plasma torch. Being able to drag at higher power levels is a great feature for doing repetitive cutting....such as using a template for cutting out parts. Drag cutting with shield technology promotes easier use of the torch, a smoother cut edge, and dramatically longer torch consumable life.

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by Mark @ Everlast View Post
    ALL of our torches can be dragged "drug?" up to 30 amps, the technical limit for drag cutting. Of course, it can be done at higher amps, but at peril of consumable life.

If they have shields, then they aren't true drag. We have rolling standoffs on all but one torch, that will allow someone to "drag" the torch even more smoothly and squarely than a shielded torch while holding the correct stand off, even on uneven edges, doing the same thing, except for on complicated template cutting. I am talking about unshielded operation.
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders
    http://www.everlastgenerators.com/

Need a welder? Give me a call at (877) 755-9353 ext 204!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 4310

Mark,

I won't argue with you on a public forum, however shield technology (and you will notice that I have not mentioned any brand names) was designed specifically for drag cutting in 1986. It is designed to eliminate the double arcing phenomenon that that has affected plasma torches over 30 amps forever. Shield technology is designed to work for drag cutting with a hand plasma torch using metalic straightedges or templates with no double arcing....and allows this for up to 200 amp cutting on 2" thick materilals.

Roller standoffs can of course be used, some manufacurers make wire stand devices....but each has its own set of drawbacks. The shield, which electrically isolates the plasma torch nozzle from the plate....eliminates the arcing and sticking that is common with drag plasma cutting at higher amperage levels,,,and allows for very smooth dragging of the torch, which in effect can smooth up the cut edge.

Jim

Hi Mark

I am looking for a welder that will do it all Mig (stainless and aluminum) stick, and maybe a plasma cutter. Would like Tig too if possible. I don稚 know if there is such a machine.

Maybe you could make a recommendation. I may need a few machines. My primary needs are steel ス inch down to 22 gauge sheet or less and stainless steel maybe 3/8 inch max down to sheetmetal maybe 22 gauge.. Both using MIG. Can I weld aluminum with MIG?

I may have missed a post about recomendations as there are so many in this thread.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

You have your choice of MIG, STick, or TIG, Stick or MIG,TIG,Stick, or TIG,Stick, Plasma but not MIG,TIG, Plasma. There are some issues combining all of them. Plasma doesn't play nicely with MIG.

Our Power I-MIG 200 can handle MIG, Stick nicely and a spool gun can be added. With the spool gun, you can easily and quickly weld aluminum, but the thinnest gauges are not ideal...You can add a Tig torch (aftermarket) with a gas valve for limited range scratch start DC tig. It would come close to meeting your needs on welding. But the thinnest steel gauge you mention takes skill with MIG. To handle this thin gauge the best, you need a dedicated Tig/Stick machine. You didn't mention your aluminum thickness needs. If you need thin capability here, you'll need an AC/DC tig then. If you get a AC/DC tig you won't need a spool gun to weld aluminum or small rolls of stainless. Tig won't be as fast but it will be the highest quality and handles thin material quite well..

Depending upon your needs here are my suggestions:

1) Power I-MIG 200 (spool gun optional.)
    2) Power Pro 205 (includes AC/DC tig, stick, plasma)
    or
    3) PowerTig 200 DX
    4) PowerPlasma 50
    5) Power I-MIG 200

or
    6)Power I-MIG with spool gun (will handle thicker aluminum)
    7) Power I-Tig 200 or PowerUltra 205(tig/stick plasma) (these units areDC only and will weld steel or stainless only)
    8) Power Plasma 50

Now for a final option, we have our New MTS 200 that will be released soon and orders are flying in now. It will do mig, tig, and stick with synergic function on MIG and is designed to weld aluminum with the MIG. The Tig, however is DC only. Then you can add the plasma cutter.

I guess if you can tell me a little more about what you will be doing application wise, it would help me to figure out the best option for you.
    Last edited by Mark @ Everlast; 12-15-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders

Hi Mark

Thanks for your input. I think you have given me enough information for now
    I am not planning to purchase till next summer at the earliest.

I have a myriad of uses.

I need to do general repairs on farm equipment. And an excavator and bulldozer.

I need to weld rebar together. A lot of rebar.

I am also wanting to cut out stainless steel sheets around 1/8 to シ inch thicknesses and have the ability to weld them. I am looking at a cnc plasma cutter

The aluminum is just general aluminum repair and fabrication I would think not over シ inch thick. And some sheet metal stuff.

Mostly welding mild steel and stainless steel. I would say that there is a fairly high duty cycle.

I can稚 get any more specific as I am not sure of the exact details.

Thanks

Dave

Keep in mind that rebar is only weldable for structural purposes if it is stamped "W" on the end. But it does sound like you have quite a bit planned.
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders

Tractor
    GC2410 May 4/10, mf10 (2)

mark; i have considered buying a pa160 or pa200 for no other reason than the price. i still have serious doubts about the quality, but from the prices i have seen on ebay it might be worth gambling a few dollars on.

i emailed your canadian distributor in ontario (sales@everlastwelders.ca), asking for a f.o.b price to my home, gave them my phone#, email, and postal code.

sent the email out moday dec 13, as of yet, mon dec 20, no response.

if they are this lacadaisical when it comes to purchases, then i can't help but wonder how long it would take to get any kind of warranty response.

your thoughts?
    2009 mf gc2410
    1970 mf10 power wheel barrow
    1968 mf10 riding mower

__________________________________________________ ______________

RJ,
    Are you in Canada? I do know that there has been a death in the family last week. Duncan, the proprietor's mother passed away, so only warranty issues were handled last week as priority.

I was thinking you were in Alaska. If you are, then you should have contacted our Alaskan distributor. Ray should be able to help you.

Everlast Alaska Company
    Chugiak, Alaska 99567
    Phone: (907) 244-7999
    Fax. (907) 688-3393

Send me your information and I will have them get in touch. If you are in the US, I can help you directly.
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders

Tractor
    GC2410 May 4/10, mf10 (2)

Are you in Canada? I do know that there has been a death in the family last week.
    okay, well... sorry to hear that.

I was thinking you were in Alaska.
    i think the closest part of alaska is about 800 miles northwest of the cariboo (gold rush) region, which is slightly southeast of the center of british columbia. there are herds of caribou that migrate across alaska, the yukon, and the northwest territories, that's probably the confusion.

there are problematic issues with shippers, particularly ups, gouging canadian customers with ridiculous 'customs broker fees', such that it is of no use to me to know what the price is as far as f.o.b. anywhere in the u.s.
    2009 mf gc2410
    1970 mf10 power wheel barrow
    1968 mf10 riding mower

__________________________________________________ ______________

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast