Ironworker arrival

/ Ironworker arrival #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
Well I had just left the shop yesterday and got in the house when I heard the pissh of an air brake so I knew it had to be the new Edwards Ironworker I ordered three weeks ago. This one is the 60 ton model. I ordered it with a set of punches, a heavy duty gauging table kit, pedestal die table,48" manual back gauge, a fabricators protractor and a 8" four way brake.

The ironworker came standard with the electric stroke control, coper/notcher and angle /plate share so It's well equipped.

Edwards fit and finish of these machines are fantastic. All good components are used such as a Leeson 5 HP motor. The Ironworker was very well packaged and everything that was ordered arrived which was a Hugh plus. After I got it all unpacked I started to install the optional items such as the 1" thick gauging table. I also ordered a couple of flexible magnetic lights from another source to put on the thing. I like lots of light. After I ran the 220 single phase power to the machine it fired right up and worked great. The last photo shows the 1/4 plate I practiced on. It did that with so little effort I could hardly believe it. Made in the USA was a big plus as well. Here's how it looks.

Attachments

• I1.jpg
    I1.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 257
  • I2.jpg
    I2.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 246
  • I3.jpg
    I3.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 335
  • I4.jpg
    I4.jpg
    590.5 KB · Views: 564
   / Ironworker arrival
Some more pics.

Attachments

• I8.JPG
    I8.JPG
    831.2 KB · Views: 387
  • I7.jpg
    I7.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 293
  • I6.JPG
    I6.JPG
    720.1 KB · Views: 295
  • I5.JPG
    I5.JPG
    803 KB · Views: 381
   / Ironworker arrival
Some more photos of the thing!

Attachments

• i14.JPG
    i14.JPG
    728.1 KB · Views: 263
  • I12.jpg
    I12.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 349
  • I10.JPG
    I10.JPG
    720.4 KB · Views: 250
  • I9.JPG
    I9.JPG
    742.2 KB · Views: 264
   / Ironworker arrival
The first use of the machine. 1/4 plate:D

Attachments

• I11.jpg
    I11.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 461
   / Ironworker arrival #5  
Edwards are the best kept secrets in the ironworker industry. Congratulations. Now build something.lol

/ Ironworker arrival #6  
Saweeet! There's a puddle of drool shorting out the keyboard as I type. Now jerk those safety shields off ;) and get to work!

/ Ironworker arrival #7  
Have you sheared any angle iron with it yet? I have a Metal pro ironworker and when I shear angle iron I lose 3/8" every time I make a cut because it has to make a double cut to keep from distorting the angle. I was curious as to whether the Edwards was the same way. You will love your ironworker. I use the punch and the shear the most. It sure makes life easier when you fabricate a lot.
Bill

/ Ironworker arrival #8  
Man, I just had to come back and say you are making me jealous. I just took a deposit to build another trailer...could sure save some time.

I have a friend with a 25 ton scotsman he wants to get rid of, at a very very reasonable price. I think he will let me "borrow" it for a while... Maybe I'll just go down and see.....

/ Ironworker arrival #9  
Ok help me out here. I have never spent any real time around metal working machines. What can a "Ironworker" do. I am guessing it will shear metal up to a given size and serve as a punch. Does it have other functions?

MarkV

/ Ironworker arrival
Edwards are the best kept secrets in the ironworker industry. Congratulations. Now build something.lol

Mark I think your right about that :D

Saweeet! There's a puddle of drool shorting out the keyboard as I type. Now jerk those safety shields off ;) and get to work!

Darryl sorry about the drooling problem :laughing: I'll have to leave the shields on until I know what I'm doing with this thing :D Glad you enjoyed seeing it.

Man, I just had to come back and say you are making me jealous. I just took a deposit to build another trailer...could sure save some time.

I have a friend with a 25 ton scotsman he wants to get rid of, at a very very reasonable price. I think he will let me "borrow" it for a while... Maybe I'll just go down and see.....

Oh man go for it. You'll be spoiled if you just borrow it. no more using cut off saws from now on for me unless I'm out in the field.

Ok help me out here. I have never spent any real time around metal working machines. What can a "Ironworker" do. I am guessing it will shear metal up to a given size and serve as a punch. Does it have other functions?

MarkV

They can shear plate, this one up to 14" wide. They can notch plate and can cut angle iron and punch holes in plate and angle iron. I also purchased a 4 way brake with this so I can bend metal as well such as brackets ... If you work with metal it will be your best friend.

Have you sheared any angle iron with it yet? I have a Metal pro ironworker and when I shear angle iron I lose 3/8" every time I make a cut because it has to make a double cut to keep from distorting the angle. I was curious as to whether the Edwards was the same way. You will love your ironworker. I use the punch and the shear the most. It sure makes life easier when you fabricate a lot.
Bill

Good question Bill so I put some steel angle iron in. All I had here was 1/8th x2" so I made a few cuts and there was no distortion at all on any of the pieces. I also cut some 1/4 aluminum angle as well with no distortion. I snapped a few pics of it to show you. Maybe you just got a blade out of adjustment?

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 298
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 338
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 243