NEED SOLDERING TORCH KIT

/ NEED SOLDERING TORCH KIT #1  

xrjohndeere

Gold Member
Tractor
2021 Kubota L4060 HST
My powercell bernzomatic triggerstart soldering torch ran out of fuel. I just found out they do not make refills for this torch so I am in need of buying a new one. I figured while I was buying a new one I would like to upgrade and buy one that uses hoses to connect to the fuel bottles instead of the torch directly to the bottle. This would make it easier to solder in tight spots. Any of you guys use one like this and what kind do you recommend? This will be used for soldering copper pipe. Thanks.

/ NEED SOLDERING TORCH KIT #2  
Check out the Victor Turbo Torch web site. Industry Leading Equipment. Anything you need is there. Along with Welding and Fab, I really enjoy all of the Soldering and Brazing options out there. I used to sell Soldering and Brazing Materials and I still enjoy it..

Good Luck..

/ NEED SOLDERING TORCH KIT #3  
I am a plumber by trade. I have looked for the hose type soldering torch for years. I finally made one from fittings and hose at a hardware store. It served me well for many years. It finally gave out. I tried to use a hose from a LP adapter for a BBQ grill. It is too stiff. I am currently looking as you are. I will follow this thread with interest.

/ NEED SOLDERING TORCH KIT #4  
So, are you looking to extend a 1# propane bottle, or to run off of a 20# tank?

If you are looking to run off of a bottle, look for a "Propane Tree Extension Hose" like this one. If you are looking to run it off of a 20# (or similar sized) tank, you will want one like this one
Then you can use whatever torch suits your fancy.

If you want a ready to go kit, see here for a Bernzomatic BZ8250HT MAPP Torch W / 5' Hose

Aaron Z

/ NEED SOLDERING TORCH KIT #5  
My powercell bernzomatic triggerstart soldering torch ran out of fuel. I just found out they do not make refills for this torch so I am in need of buying a new one. I figured while I was buying a new one I would like to upgrade and buy one that uses hoses to connect to the fuel bottles instead of the torch directly to the bottle. This would make it easier to solder in tight spots. Any of you guys use one like this and what kind do you recommend? This will be used for soldering copper pipe. Thanks.

Refills? Like this?
Amazon.com: Bernzomatic PC8 Powercell Propane Fuel Refill (Pack of 6): Explore similar items

/ NEED SOLDERING TORCH KIT #6  
I've got one of the hose torches and hate it. But, I've had mine for 10+ years and I see that they have addressed both of the problems I have with it. 1) They added trigger start/stop and 2) drastically improved the tank holder.

Performance wise, the torch rocks. It really pours out the BTUs compared to the old pencil torch heads I'm used to. But once it's lit, you can't put it down without shutting it off at the tank and trying to work up on a step stool there is no good way to hold the tank except for the cheesy metal hook/clip that is on the tank valve. It works OK using a carpenter's tool belt/pouch to hang it on, tho.