Everlast PowerArc 200 Arrived Today

/ Everlast PowerArc 200 Arrived Today #1  

Hoosier Hay Man

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45S Cab, Quicktach FEL
Quick shipping and well packaged. I am excited to use it.:D I do have a question on the plug provided. It is a 20amp. Is that enough?

/ Everlast PowerArc 200 Arrived Today #2  
No. That plug is really chaffing me...It was supposed to be deleted from the accessory package...Throw it away. A NEMA 6-50 is the recommended and "official" welder plug. Available at any box store or good local hardware store.

But glad you got your unit. I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.

/ Everlast PowerArc 200 Arrived Today #3  
Well get busy and let us know what you think of it. The more I use mine, I'm starting to think I should retract my statement that the arc isn't as good as my mid 50's SA-200. :eek:

/ Everlast PowerArc 200 Arrived Today
No. That plug is really chaffing me...It was supposed to be deleted from the accessory package...Throw it away. A NEMA 6-50 is the recommended and "official" welder plug. Available at any box store or good local hardware store.

But glad you got your unit. I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.

Thanks Mark for the quick response!:thumbsup: I will pickup the correct plug today. I am sure this welder will do real well. Mainly repair work and some fab work for our small farm. We currently use a small mig and Lincoln AC Buzz Box. My son is showing interest in welding and fab work so I thought I would upgrade. Thanks Mark!

/ Everlast PowerArc 200 Arrived Today
Well get busy and let us know what you think of it. The more I use mine, I'm starting to think I should retract my statement that the arc isn't as good as my mid 50's SA-200. :eek:

Hi Shield Arc,

You have an impressive collection of welders!:D Your testimonials definitly have some cloat.

The PowerArc is a Christmas gift of sorts for my son so I may have to wait till Christmas to try her out. I will post as soon as we fire her up.

/ Everlast PowerArc 200 Arrived Today #6  
Hoosier Hay Man since retiring I no longer have someone yelling at me for more production, screaming at me to "turn it, go faster", "I want 50-pounds of rod burned a day", or 70-pounds of wire a day.
Now a days I just play and somewhat on a quest to find the perfect arc. Far as Tig welders, I found the perfect arc with my Dynasty 300, engine drives, my SA-200's, Mig machines my Linde VI-206, this PowerArc 200 just might fill the slot for shop stick machines. So far I'm very impressed with it! If I wasn't you wouldn't hear a word from me. ;)

/ Everlast PowerArc 200 Arrived Today #7  
I've switched over to all mig since my stick welding is terrible. Well I usually just burnt what ever rod I had that didn't get damp from sitting and the welder I have is a Sears AC only model. The more I hear about this the more interested I get. I'll look forward to what you think about welding with it.

/ Everlast PowerArc 200 Arrived Today #8  
I have is a Sears AC only model.

There's your problem right there! You need to drag that Sears AC welder out in the yard and run over it with your tractor! Dig a hole, and bury it.
Then buy one of these.:thumbsup:

/ Everlast PowerArc 200 Arrived Today #9  
There's your problem right there! You need to drag that Sears AC welder out in the yard and run over it with your tractor! Dig a hole, and bury it.
Then buy one of these.:thumbsup:

I think it's about to rust apart from sitting on cement for the last 15 years. I can't even remember when the last time I plugged it in. Between having the old style hood that you would have to line yourself up on your work, flip it down, and hope your close and the sticking of rods while trying to strike an arc I moved to a MIG and never looked back.

When you wrote up your review of the PA200 and talking about it having the feature of bumping up the power to help start an arc it got me interested again. I can't tell you the number of times I cranked up the power to start an arc and heat the rod up, stop, turn the power back down, and then start welding.

/ Everlast PowerArc 200 Arrived Today #10  
Now you just need a PowerPlasma to sit next to that PowerArc. They make a cute couple.