Stainless Tig welding.

/ Stainless Tig welding. #1  

Shield Arc

Tractor
John Deere, 4200
Did a little experimenting with my new Everlast PowerArc 200 this morning. Found some 12-GA stainless steel at the scrap yard. I haven't Tig welded any stainless in probably 25-years, at least! Tried to clean it up with a scotch-brite pad, even cleaned what little stainless filler I have.
My 200-amp scratch start air cooled torch is a club to use.:rolleyes::rolleyes:And I don't hardly ever use it, why would I when I have a nice water-cooled torch. Sorry the picture didn't turn out very well, maybe Santa will bring me a better camera for Christmas!:eek:
Anyway just wanted to say I'm very impressed with the arc of this little machine even with a Tig torch.:thumbsup:

/ Stainless Tig welding. #2  
Very nice. It has been a long time since I welded any stainless myself. Want to show us the back side of that weld? :D

I always struggled with getting proper penetration and running too hot.

Brian

/ Stainless Tig welding.
Here ya go.
As you probably know these scratch start torches can be a challenge to use, they're either all on, or all off, no in between at all! :laughing:
Ran that weld at 60-amps, using 1/8 inch filler.

/ Stainless Tig welding. #4  
Very good for a one in 25 year weld. I assume you didn't use the 6010 port? Did you try it in both?

I have a dealer who has sold 9 of them this year (If I remember right) and he has put them out on a construction site in the Bahamas where they were being used for both tig and stick building a large Hotel. He said they were very pleased with the tig characteristics.

/ Stainless Tig welding.
I assume you didn't use the 6010 port?

No I didn't, in fact I had to stop and think about it for a second or two:confused:. My Dynasty switches to the correct polarity for me. See how lazy a guy can get? :laughing:

/ Stainless Tig welding. #6  
looks good...

you should be walking the cup in no time,:thumbsup:

/ Stainless Tig welding.
Actually I'm better at walking the cup than free hand.