New Welder question

/ New Welder question #1  

NC tractor driver

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610
I recently acquired a used welder and can't find any information on it. I would also like to get a remote controller for it and the plug doesn't seem to match anything I can find, although someone has told me Miller made one that would work.

Shot of the welder:

welder002.jpg

Remote receptacle: (sorry for the crappy cell phone photo)

remote_recepticle.jpg

Receptacle controller:

remote_control.jpg

Name Plate:

Name_plate.jpg

It is a Eutectic Magna Tran Model 301. If anyone knows where I can find a manual and schematic I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

/ New Welder question #2  
You can call them and see if you can get a manual. I remember someone trying to find one before and the cost for a manual was steep. There may be a schematic pasted inside the welder.

/ New Welder question
You can call them and see if you can get a manual. I remember someone trying to find one before and the cost for a manual was steep. There may be a schematic pasted inside the welder.
Mark,

Thanks - I called them and the welder is so old they do not even support it or have a schematic available. I will look inside and see if I can find a schematic.

Mark

/ New Welder question #5  
There is a pdf version, but is pretty big (22MB) but if you have a faster connection than I do it won't be too bad. You can then print it out or view it on you computer. A printer that prints on both sides is great for making manuals.

/ New Welder question #6  
NC tractor driver if you can't find a remote for that machine. One option is go to the Miller site and call out a member there named curizer, he owns a welder repair shop in Alberta Canada. If nothing else I'll bet he can make you one, he makes remotes for a lot of engine drives. Caution, when you get his price please set down first!:eek:

Miller Welding Discussion Forums

/ New Welder question #7  
That machine looks like a newer version of an old A. O. Smith welder I had that was made by P&H. I got a manual for mine from this company in Southren California. http://www.arcowelder.com/. Mine was a DARA 3000. Ran 7018 rod like a dream. It did have A/C high freq but it never worked quite right and I never took the time to adjust the spark gap.

I do have a foot remote with the 4 lug twist lock and a 2 lug twist lock. It has two cords. One went to the gas contactor and the other to the reostat. PM if you want pictures. I got two when I got the welder and only let one go when I sold it.

Eutectic was big in welding rods years ago. I never knew they had a welder line.

Dan

/ New Welder question
Thanks for all the info. I was able to find a schematic and photo of the internals of the pedal:

welder0001.jpg

It is a four prong plug with two lines operating an of/off switch and two lines going to a rheostat.

Thanks.

Mark

/ New Welder question
I do have a foot remote with the 4 lug twist lock and a 2 lug twist lock. It has two cords. One went to the gas contactor and the other to the reostat. PM if you want pictures. I got two when I got the welder and only let one go when I sold it.

Eutectic was big in welding rods years ago. I never knew they had a welder line.

Dan
Dan,

PM sent.

Mark