Mig flux core wire

/ Mig flux core wire #11  
Thought I would chime in on the hobart wire. I just tossed a roll in the trash because it would not weld worth a d*#. Been using Lincoln nr-211 and nr-212 and ran out. I though why drive 40 miles to by another roll when hobart was available locally so I bought a roll. Spent half a day trying to get it to weld and finally gave up and drove to get something else and went back to welding just fine. I will say this was the hobart E71T-11 and not the fabsheild 21-b so it may be the same quality.

/ Mig flux core wire #12  
Isn't the Hobart 71T-11 a dual shield wire? Needs Gas.

/ Mig flux core wire #13  
Isn't the Hobart 71T-11 a dual shield wire? Needs Gas.

Nope on the side of the roll is specifically says gasless flux core welding wire. I suppose they could have put the wrong thing on the roll because it acts like solid wire when you gun out of gas.

/ Mig flux core wire
Nope on the side of the roll is specifically says gasless flux core welding wire. I suppose they could have put the wrong thing on the roll because it acts like solid wire when you gun out of gas.

I'm easily confused. You have used flux-core wire with a mig welder using gas .. which I guess means you are also using reverse polarity on wire designed for straight polarity.
:confused:

/ Mig flux core wire #15  
SARG you want to be careful just amusing things with welding, it can be very confusing for the most experienced weldor. There are gas less flux core wires that run on straight polarity, as well as reverse polarity. There are flux core wires, (dual shield) that run on mix gases, as well as non mixed gas. It is always best to read the manufacturer's specifications.;)

/ Mig flux core wire #16  
I'm easily confused. You have used flux-core wire with a mig welder using gas .. which I guess means you are also using reverse polarity on wire designed for straight polarity.
:confused:

The wire was supposed to be used without gas and with reverse polarity according to the specs. Even when redoing the welds with different wire it was hard to got a good weld I had to grind most of the old welds out to get it to make a good weld. If I welded a spot that had not been welded with the other wire it worked just fine. It just seemed like there was something wrong with the composition of the wire. Not sure what was actually wrong I just know I won't try that wire again.