Anyone have a Maxstar 200??

/ Anyone have a Maxstar 200?? #1  

HCJtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240
If you have a Miller Maxstar 200, how do you like it and what do you weld with it? My main question is how does the power cord come configured? I know it can be used on various voltages, but do you have to hard wire a plug to use different outlets? I would like to have a stick welder that works like the little Maxstar 150 with the MVP plug system, but it does not appear that the Maxstar 200 works that way. I would love to have a 120V machine to practice on around the house, but big enough to handle repair and fabrication jobs at the farm. THanks for any comments about the Maxstar 200 (or even the 150)

/ Anyone have a Maxstar 200?? #2  
If you have a Miller Maxstar 200, how do you like it and what do you weld with it? My main question is how does the power cord come configured? I know it can be used on various voltages, but do you have to hard wire a plug to use different outlets? I would like to have a stick welder that works like the little Maxstar 150 with the MVP plug system, but it does not appear that the Maxstar 200 works that way. I would love to have a 120V machine to practice on around the house, but big enough to handle repair and fabrication jobs at the farm. THanks for any comments about the Maxstar 200 (or even the 150)

I've got a Maxstar 200 and absolutely love it! It's a solid machine as one would expect from Miller Electric.

The machine comes with a power cord, but no plug attached. One must by a plug to configure the machine for it's intended usage. I used a 6-50P for use on single phase 230V power.
It's simple to make a cheater cord with a 115V plug on one end and a 6-50R on the other. The machine will automatically detect the voltage, but no, there is no MVP like the Maxstar 150.

If you buy the machine, you will love it!

/ Anyone have a Maxstar 200??
I've got a Maxstar 200 and absolutely love it! It's a solid machine as one would expect from Miller Electric.

The machine comes with a power cord, but no plug attached. One must by a plug to configure the machine for it's intended usage. I used a 6-50P for use on single phase 230V power.
It's simple to make a cheater cord with a 115V plug on one end and a 6-50R on the other. The machine will automatically detect the voltage, but no, there is no MVP like the Maxstar 150.

If you buy the machine, you will love it!

Thanks for the reply. I thought seriously about getting one but I just bought a Miller 211 recently, and decided to get something cheaper. I really like the ability of the Maxstar to use different voltages, but the pricetag is a little high for a beginner. I decided to go with the Everlast 200 to at least give me something to learn stick on. Maybe some day I will go blue!!