air compressor repair

/ air compressor repair #22  
That is not a commercial compressor..That is a home residential unit..Those tanks are way thinner.

/ air compressor repair #23  
At the Firehouse we refill our own oxygen bottles with our own tanks..It is a 3 tank system..One tank is 500lbs, next is 1000lbs then the third is 1500lbs..My air compressor is just 160lbs..I think people confuse the different kind of air tanks.

i worked on a construction site where they piped 100 PSI of air into the 4" water system to check for leaks. somewhere during their testing, a 2" cap blew off in the subterranean garage. i was able to view the cap, after they found it. it flew about 100' and slammed into a masonry wall. it was completely flattened. if someone was in its path, they would be dead. it doesn't need to be 3000 psi to kill

/ air compressor repair #24  
does'nt matter where they're made......in our shop , a 1000# plus , 120 Gallon T30 "Ingersoll-Rand" did the same xact thing......through a wall & roof to the parking lot.....this work safe link states :

It is not just a air problem.

How can an air receiver tank explode?
During operation, deposits of lubricating oil tend to build up in the line supplying compressed air from the compressor cylinder to the air receiver. As the diameter of the supply line decreases, the already high temperature of the compressed air rises further to a point where it is possible for the contaminant to ignite.

Sparks are then carried into the air receiver where oil from the compressor, which is often present as a mixture with air in the air receiver, burns explosively. As the pressure relief valve is not designed for such an event, rupture of the air receiver vessel is likely to occur. In other air compressor accidents, static electricity sparks have also been identified as a source of fires and explosions.

Alerts

attachment.php

/ air compressor repair #25  
does'nt matter where they're made......in our shop , a 1000# plus , 120 Gallon T30 "Ingersoll-Rand" did the same xact thing......through a wall & roof to the parking lot.....this work safe link states :

It is not just a air problem.

How can an air receiver tank explode?
During operation, deposits of lubricating oil tend to build up in the line supplying compressed air from the compressor cylinder to the air receiver. As the diameter of the supply line decreases, the already high temperature of the compressed air rises further to a point where it is possible for the contaminant to ignite.

Sparks are then carried into the air receiver where oil from the compressor, which is often present as a mixture with air in the air receiver, burns explosively. As the pressure relief valve is not designed for such an event, rupture of the air receiver vessel is likely to occur. In other air compressor accidents, static electricity sparks have also been identified as a source of fires and explosions.

Alerts

attachment.php
Now that explosion in your shop or garage might make you wet your pants a little:ashamed:

/ air compressor repair #26  
Or a LOT.:eek::eek::eek: