Interesting video.

/ Interesting video. #4  
Boy!!! Learned something new today!!

/ Interesting video. #5  
interesting I just watched it. Never really thought how they were made. I watched the whole vidieo and then some while on ''hold'' with Lowes..LOL Wonder if i will get a person again or be hung up on lol..

/ Interesting video.
Other than the top it's exactly how I visualized it. But I have worked in several can plants years ago, and watched the whole process. So I kind of had an idea, but didn't realize how much pressure it would take to form the bottle. The machines that make aluminum cans are a lot smaller.:laughing:

/ Interesting video. #7  
I was expecting more progressive dies. When they said "as much as 3" I was thinking that was low. But they have probably got this whole process pretty well dialed-in by now, so I guess that makes more sense...

/ Interesting video. #8  
The 'How It's Made' series has been fabulous and interesting to say the least.

I didn't realize it was on YouTube...this will have to be investigated further. But, on another note, my fascination with manufacturing processes extends to the question - How did somone discover this was the best method for doing this?

Think about it for a moment. The chemical baths described in the video. What was the process of discovery. As an example, using oil to drill a hole in steel, is actually contradictory in description, but clearly works in practise.

The manufacturing is one thing. The discoveries that led up to process is amazing as well.

Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? :D

/ Interesting video. #9  

As an example, using oil to drill a hole in steel, is actually contradictory in description, but clearly works in practise.

Who would have thought you could cut metal with water? Happens daily...

And you're right...fascinating show!!

/ Interesting video. #10  

I didn't realize it was on YouTube...this will have to be investigated further. But, on another note, my fascination with manufacturing processes extends to the question - How did somone discover this was the best method for doing this?

Think about it for a moment. The chemical baths described in the video. What was the process of discovery. As an example, using oil to drill a hole in steel, is actually contradictory in description, but clearly works in practise.

The manufacturing is one thing. The discoveries that led up to process is amazing as well.

Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? :D

Same here, I had seen it before on TV but it was good to watch again , and I did not realize they could be watched on You-tube. And yes manufacturing processes are amazing to watch. I have been in and around a lot of Manufacturing plants thru the years working for telephone company's. Always interesting.

James K0UA