Help Me Build a Great Welding table

/ Help Me Build a Great Welding table #11  
This is what I built although is a little longer from what you have....
Made of 1/2" plate, 36"x72" with 4"x4"x1/4" legs, 2"x2"x1/4" horizontals and 2" by 1/4" angle irons for the clamps. Lips on the table are 2.5" for clamping. 2" receiver on both sides for the vice to be removable, wheels if I need to move it (with stop/leveler of my own make :D) and quad receptacles on both sides to plug extension cord. And a place to put down the gun when needed. Hope this give you an idea....:thumbsup:
jfgjyh.jpg

4ftmht.jpg

30aw9rl.jpg

15qt3dv.jpg

/ Help Me Build a Great Welding table #12  
This is what I built although is a little longer from what you have....
Made of 1/2" plate, 36"x72" with 4"x4"x1/4" legs, 2"x2"x1/4" horizontals and 2" by 1/4" angle irons for the clamps. Lips on the table are 2.5" for clamping. 2" receiver on both sides for the vice to be removable, wheels if I need to move it (with stop/leveler of my own make :D) and quad receptacles on both sides to plug extension cord. And a place to put down the gun when needed. Hope this give you an idea....:thumbsup:
jfgjyh.jpg

4ftmht.jpg

30aw9rl.jpg

15qt3dv.jpg

I like your table a lot! That looks so great and well though out.

James K0UA

/ Help Me Build a Great Welding table #13  
1/2 in plate is thin i feel, all my tables are warped to death and they are 1in. I do a lot of torch work tho, and constantley run big rose buds, that does most of the damage, plus I always make up jigs that get welded right to my tables then broke off and ground down. I would just put stiffeners underneath, that will definateley help, but do it when.. table is finished, so wont be in the way of any impliments, such as vises and draws and so forth.

/ Help Me Build a Great Welding table #14  
Thats a great table. I really like the recievers and stop. I saw the center bolt on the stop raise and lower it. I could not tell if the other two were bolts guides or what. Can we see a more detailed picture of the stops?

/ Help Me Build a Great Welding table #15  
Half inch will work just fine, as long as you dont heat it directly with a torch, or weld things to it alot. I have seen many welding tables with a half inch top, and they have never warped.

/ Help Me Build a Great Welding table #16  
Maybe a hobbyist that works on it a few times a year! Stiffin that thing up if you wanna get some life out of it!

/ Help Me Build a Great Welding table #17  
I still dont see how you could have warped a table with a 1 inch top, unless you were heating it until glowing with a rosebud.

/ Help Me Build a Great Welding table #18  
Because your not a welder or a blacksmith that does it for a living!!!

/ Help Me Build a Great Welding table
Wow awesome suggestions, thank you all

/ Help Me Build a Great Welding table #20  
Ya I do not work as a welder or a blacksmith, but I do have a fair bit of knowledge about it. And I have to say that you would really have to be abusing it to be able to warp a heavy steel table with a 1 inch top. (unless it is not well braced)