Grounding Rod For Portable Generators Necessary?

/ Grounding Rod For Portable Generators Necessary? #131  
A lot of us, including my self, tend to get too technical on these type posts from folks that are not EXPERTS like we are. Then there is the obvious bad information passed on as gospel that make the solution and understanding worse.

Sitting back and reflecting on this issue I feel sorry for the poor guy who asked the first simple question, "Does a portable generator need to be grounded to a ground rod (paraphrased). The simple answer "NO" (the code answer) has gotten lost in a lot of technical jargon he could probably care less about. His only concern was Safety. Even a generator connected to a house service would be grounded via the service ground system. If you feel better adding a ground rod and conductor at the generator, do it, you will never know the difference.

Bottom line: If you get the Soares manual, portable generator systems are discussed in detail on Page 41. If you are still confused you need to talk to a professional electrician.

Ron

/ Grounding Rod For Portable Generators Necessary? #132  
I feel sorry for the poor guy who asked the first simple question, "Does a portable generator need to be grounded to a ground rod (paraphrased).
Ron

I would think he's gotten his answer by now. He posted over 3 years ago. :)