Just got a new Millermatic 211

/ Just got a new Millermatic 211 #1  

davygp38

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400
I finally broke down, and did what I should have done a long time ago. I just got myself a Millermatic 211. Miller is running a rebate/contest promotion,if you buy a new Miller before November 4th. I ordered mine from Cyberweld,and had it the next day ( I only live 100 miles from there.) It came with a rebate card, called the Golden ticket, I registered for the rebate, and won a Visa Gift card for $100.00, which is above and beyond the $75.00 rebate. Since I am not a trusting man, I called Miller in Wisconsin to make sure it was not a scam. The girl I spoke to went over everything, and assured me I would get both the gift card, and the rebate. The welder was easy to set up, and pretty self explanatory. What a difference from the old Craftsman I had. It has the auto-set feature, and the MVP Plug system. I think for a guy like me who is trying to do decent welds without the years of experience, this machine is the way to go. You just set the wire size you are using, and the material thickness of what you are welding and the machine gets you real close to where you want to be. my first few welds look better than anything I have done with the old welder, and I haven't even gotten started yet. I paid $1035 dollars for the Welder, with free shipping. If anyone else has this Machine, and has some advice, I would like to hear it.

/ Just got a new Millermatic 211 #2  
I don't have any advice in a MIG machine, but i can confirm that Miller Electric is great to deal with on the phone. Real people who have ANSWERS for real questions... They have a complete and thorough understanding of the equipment.

Congratulations on your new gear, and on buying a quality piece of equipment!

/ Just got a new Millermatic 211 #3  
I bought the 180, the price was a little cheaper than the 211, and a whole lot cheaper than what usual dealers wanted for the difference in price for the 211 which was my original choice. The autoset feature sounds kind of useless till I used it as still kind of a novice, but welding for quite a few years, it is really impressive and puts down a good solid bead wether using flux core or gas wire. Think you'll enjoy it.

/ Just got a new Millermatic 211 #4  
I choose Miller exclusively. They are great people to talk with if you have any questions, and my old Millermatic 130 has been absolutely trouble free. I run flux core wire so I don't get as pretty of a bead as if I was feeding it gas, but it's by far the most reliable portable unit I've used. It has treated me much better than I have treated it as I routinely put it in my loader bucket along with a 6k generator for field repairs.

/ Just got a new Millermatic 211 #5  
Congrads!!. Welcome to team blue:thumbsup:

211 is i nice machine for sure. I should have bought one instead of my 135.. cant have too much power.

When finances improve i have a hankering for a 252.

/ Just got a new Millermatic 211 #6  
The first mig I owned was a HH140, Great little welder for a 110V unit. Then I decided to get something to weld a little thicker metal and bought a Miller ac/dc Thunderbolt. Never could get the hang of stick welding. Sold both and Bought the MM211 and never looked back. Like me, If you make some bad welds it is not the 211. Later on down the Road you might want to look into a Spool Gun and a small tank of Argon to try your hand at Alum.Yes you made a good Buy. I also bought it from Cyberweld, They are good people I live near Philly and they ship fast. Lots of luck with your New Welder. Tony

/ Just got a new Millermatic 211 #7  
You using gas with the welder? I'm curious how much that costs.

/ Just got a new Millermatic 211 #8  
Yes I use C-25. for steel.The first time is a little pricey. you need to buy a tank. I bought an 80 CF I think it was 170.00 That is about 4 Hours of welding. And for Alum. A 60 CF of 100% Argon was about 140.00 and to fill is about 30.00-40.00 But prices vary by location and supplier.

/ Just got a new Millermatic 211 #9  
I too have the 211. What a great machine. Started with a Lincoln 135P,
110v, which was ok for a starter welder. No comparison with the 211. For what I do for welding, my 211 will do it all.

/ Just got a new Millermatic 211 #10  
I need to update my earlier post. I betrayed my trusty Miller 130 after seeing the blowout price on the Hobart Handler 210 (comp. to miller 211) of $499 at my local Atwoods. Apparently the HH210 is being replaced by the HH210 MVP that will run on both 115 and 230. Its priced at 900+ on the web. I'll keep the MM130 for mobile duty and 115v and set the 210 up in the workshop on 230. I could not say no to 200 amps of 230v portable welding with a spoolgun ready box of reputable "name brand."

Now I've gotta get me a spoolgun....