miller challenger 172

/ miller challenger 172 #1  

jocww

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 550c, 443 bobcat, had an old john ford FEL gone
Probably picking up a Millermatic challenger 172 tomorrow. It supposedly has 10 hrs and comes with cart, some spools of wire, welder, and a small bottle half full of argon with guages. Ive never used a challenger its a 220 volt which Im not to worried about since Ive used miller 220's before. Hes asking 650 and is pretty firm. Is this price good? Has anyone used one before?

/ miller challenger 172 #2  
if it is the small portable type with a handle, that seems like a bit much to me, although I have almost no knowledge on used welder pricing, and dont claim to. (except tombstones)

/ miller challenger 172
It seems like a good buy. I also got a thermotec 220 plasma cutter for another 200. Feel sorry for the guy. Hes selling all his toys so his Ex doesnt get half

/ miller challenger 172
It seems like a good buy. I also got a thermotec 220 plasma cutter for another 200. Feel sorry for the guy. Hes selling all his toys so his Ex doesnt get half

Its actually a hypertherm powermax 350. Runs on 220. Anybody know much about these machines? Guess its time to start researching.

/ miller challenger 172 #5  
Its actually a hypertherm powermax 350. Runs on 220. Anybody know much about these machines? Guess its time to start researching.

I dont know about the powermax 350, but hyperthern is kind of the industry leader in plasma cutters, they are often thought of the best you can get. I am not sure, but I think the powermax 350 is the older version of the powermax 35, which is a very good machine (so I have heard). You got a crazy good deal if it all works well.

/ miller challenger 172 #6  
Never heard of a Power Max 350. Not sure there is such an animal. The Powermax 30 is 115v.