Everlast 140 or 160 how are they

/ Everlast 140 or 160 how are they #1  

bearcreek paul

Gold Member
Tractor
mitsubishi mt16fd
I was thinking of buying a more portable welder one that doesn't
weigh 150lbs.From the posts I have read people seem to be mixed on the inverters.
I am looking for portability and those two models seem to fit and the price is right.
Hopefully I can here from some people who have used the units.

/ Everlast 140 or 160 how are they #2  
I have the Everlast PowerArc 200, (I know not what you asked). Dollar for dollar I don't think you can find a better quality arc, and 60 % duty cycle!
Just want to mention, there is no substitute for amps, you can aways turn a machine down, but you can't turn it up past amps you didn't buy.;)

/ Everlast 140 or 160 how are they #3  
here in canada, the price differnce between the powerarc 160, and power arc 20 is around $30, so I think it would be worth it to spend the extra $30 for an extra 40 amps.

/ Everlast 140 or 160 how are they #4  
I just heard they dont make the PA160 anymore, just the PA200 and the PA140. I have the PA160 and love it. The reason I have a PA160 and not a PA200 is the PA200 at the time was on back order.

James K0UA

/ Everlast 140 or 160 how are they #5  
Yes, the 140 has replaced the 160 because of the dual voltage capability and TIG package that is offered standard.

/ Everlast 140 or 160 how are they #6  
I've got a 140, very nice little tig & stick unit. Works like a champ. Over on the Weldingweb forum in the Everlast forum section there is a very good write up on the 140 by a gentleman that goes by the name of Soutthpaw. Also Mark has posted some Utube vidieos on the unit.
I run mine on 220. Never got around to make a plug adapter to go from 220 to 110. I've used 1/8 6011, 7014 & 3/32 7014. 1/16 6011 & 6013. It runs the rods very nice.
Very portabile unit, comes with a nice plastic case, throw it and a small 30 amp clean power generator in the truck or trailer and you should be good to make field repairs.
You didn't say what you plan on using it for, but Shield Arc is right you can always turn the amps down on a larger unit.

/ Everlast 140 or 160 how are they
With all the good recommendations pm sent to mark from Everlast.
I decided to go with the 140 for it's dual voltage.It will be used for 1/4 in at most if I need a bigger welder I have one.This will be for portability and most of all it's light weight .

/ Everlast 140 or 160 how are they #8  
With all the good recommendations pm sent to mark from Everlast.
I decided to go with the 140 for it's dual voltage.It will be used for 1/4 in at most if I need a bigger welder I have one.This will be for portability and most of all it's light weight .

Please check back as some point and let us know how you like it.

James K0UA

/ Everlast 140 or 160 how are they #9  
I think you'll be happy with the 140 - I am with mine. I haven't used the TIG gun yet - I consider it kind of a bonus - but the machine works well. And it definitley is portable.

/ Everlast 140 or 160 how are they #10  
I bought a 140 a few months ago. I have a couple of small gripes with it, but overall I'm happy. Have used it on 3/8" steel quite a bit.

I had intended to buy a 200, but they were on backorder and Mark was confident that the 140 would fit my needs. Thus far, he was correct. :thumbsup: