Tractor
2008 Kubota b2920
In the market for a plasma cutter

Considering Miller 375 or Hypertherm 30

Any plus or minuses between both?

Thanks

/ Xtrem 375 or powerarc 30 #2  
Ericher69
I am not trying to take your thread but I am considering the same but the miller 625 and hypertherm powermax45 good thread cause I was going to ask anyway, been doing some research and the both come in pretty close. :thumbsup:,

So any experts out there have any opinions to share with Ericher and I.:D

/ Xtrem 375 or powerarc 30 #3  
Id say the Hypertherm 45 over the 30 and the millers. HT makes THE best plasma. Even the LWS that carries miller and HT recommended the HT45, But alas i have no cash, so its going to have to wait.

/ Xtrem 375 or powerarc 30 #4  
I remember reading on one of the welding forums a few years ago, that Hypertherm builds several models for Miller. Jim Colt will know if this is true, and if so which models.
I have a Hypertherm 1250, had it for 10-years now, not one problem. If something ever happened to it, I'd only look at Hypertherm, and Thermal Dynamics.

/ Xtrem 375 or powerarc 30 #5  
Check out the Everlasts too, I've only used mine on one project so far, but it worked perfectly.

/ Xtrem 375 or powerarc 30 #6  
Well I did more reading on some welding forums and decided to take the plunge. I ordered my powermax 45 with deluxe circle and guide cutting kit and extra box of consumables. should get it this week. Will have pics posted when I get it.

/ Xtrem 375 or powerarc 30 #7  
In the market for a plasma cutter

Considering Miller 375 or Hypertherm 30

Any plus or minuses between both?

Thanks

Hypertherm is a plasma cutter company. Miller is a welder company. I bought the Hypertherm 30. Well constructed, nice package. Haven't had a chance to use it yet so cannot give further feedback. I know that Hypertherm tech support is excellent though as I did have a question that was promptly and fully explained. I think you will find that Hypertherm is the pioneer in this area and Miller is just relabelling and repainting a cutter made by either Hypertherm or Thermal Dynamics. No problem with the Miller but I'd rather deal with the source.

/ Xtrem 375 or powerarc 30 #8  
Well I did more reading on some welding forums and decided to take the plunge. I ordered my powermax 45 with deluxe circle and guide cutting kit and extra box of consumables. should get it this week. Will have pics posted when I get it.

excellent. Do post up when you get it:thumbsup:

/ Xtrem 375 or powerarc 30 #9  
Hypertherm produces the Torches for Miller plasma systems and has for many years....in return, Miller used to produce a few plasma cutters that Hypertherm sold under its brand name. The older (no longer manufactured) Powermax190c, Powermax350 and Powermax380 were made by Miller with a Hypertherm paint job.

All of the Hypertherm units built now (over 11 different plasma systems from 30 amps to 800 amps) are designed, engineered and manufactured at Hypertherm's facilities near Hanover NH, USA.

The torches that Hypertherm produces for its own brand units are different than the ones that are produced for the Miller machines. Test drive a Hypertherm unit side by side with any other brand plasma....you will definitely see the difference in cutting power, speed and cut quality. Over time you will realize the other areas that separate the Hypertherm plasma from other brands.....consumable life and customer support!

I am a bit biased....have worked for Hypertherm for close to 35 years. We are an employee owned company...and it is our primary goal to produce the best quality plasma cutting equipment in the world.

Jim Colt

Hypertherm is a plasma cutter company. Miller is a welder company. I bought the Hypertherm 30. Well constructed, nice package. Haven't had a chance to use it yet so cannot give further feedback. I know that Hypertherm tech support is excellent though as I did have a question that was promptly and fully explained. I think you will find that Hypertherm is the pioneer in this area and Miller is just relabelling and repainting a cutter made by either Hypertherm or Thermal Dynamics. No problem with the Miller but I'd rather deal with the source.

/ Xtrem 375 or powerarc 30 #10  
Thanks for clearing that up Jim! I knew Hypertherm and Miller worked together some how.