125 Argon Cylinder price

/ 125 Argon Cylinder price #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
I bought an 125 CU ft argon cylinder from a LWS and I was wondering what others are paying and if this is a good deal or not.. I paid $210 for a full cylinder. And he said the next fill would be $49.. I am getting started in lift start TIG for My Everlast PA160. Lots to learn but it is fun. First light up at 60 amps, and just run a puddle accross a clean piece of steel, and thought that seems pretty tame, nice little puddle, quiet pretty little arc I postflow, then I shut off the gas and lay the torch down. So how about 80 amps, let's see what that looks like huh? So I turn up the welder to 80 and start the arc. Wow! what a mess. sparks, big glob on the lanth. tungsten in a couple of seconds, big hole blowed in the metal. this is not going well.:eek:. So I start to turn off the argon on the torch, and that is when I realize the gas is already turned off.. Oh man! what a MORON. I never turned the gas on! Oh well, I need practice grinding tungsten's anyway:eek::eek:

James K0UA

/ 125 Argon Cylinder price #2  
So I start to turn off the argon on the torch, and that is when I realize the gas is already turned off.. Oh man! what a MORON. I never turned the gas on!
Oh yeah, I've never done that before! :rolleyes::D

/ 125 Argon Cylinder price #3  
   / 125 Argon Cylinder price #4  
I have left it on before:ashamed: Why does o2 have to cost so much:laughing:....

Amen to that:thumbsup: Acetylene is WORSE:mad: I hate paying for wasted gas so I even shut the tanks off if im going to be 30 min between cuts . (No leaks, just paranoid).

OP, your price is very good. We cant even own the large tanks. I paid almost that for a small OX (#9) tank

/ 125 Argon Cylinder price
Amen to that:thumbsup: Acetylene is WORSE:mad: I hate paying for wasted gas so I even shut the tanks off if im going to be 30 min between cuts . (No leaks, just paranoid).

OP, your price is very good. We cant even own the large tanks. I paid almost that for a small OX (#9) tank

Thanks, yeah I scanned around on the web tonite, and did not find any better deal, and some were significantly more. So I guess it was an ok deal. No shipping either.. Yeah he wanted to get me set up with some good sized ACE and OX tanks too, instead of the little porta torch tanks I have, that really limit my heating/cutting ability. We will see. A plasma would be nice, but I am getting along ok with sawzall, cutoff wheels, and my bandsaw.

James K0UA

/ 125 Argon Cylinder price #6  
Sounds like a decent deal. I can't buy tanks bigger than 80 cf. My 125 is a "lifetime lease" that is about 60 per fill for C25. Cost about $200ish for the lease and initial fill. Then there is a fee every 5 years for tank hydro that is like $15. Next size up is the 330 cf tank, IIRC. That was a bit much.