What kind of welder?

/ What kind of welder? #31  
I wonder how the Powerarcs compare with their Powertigs on stick?

That's a good question! Maybe Mark will send me one to try out.:laughing:
My Dynasty 300 is a fantastic Tig machine, but it sucks as a SMAW machine, the PowerArc 200 will run circles around the Dynasty for a SMAW machine.

/ What kind of welder? #32  
It's the welder, not the weldor. All you have to do is buy good equipment.;)

Somehow I have the feeling that if I got a invertec v350, my welds would still not be as good as your done with a tombstone... ;) What rods are you using?

/ What kind of welder? #33  
That's a good question! Maybe Mark will send me one to try out.:laughing:
My Dynasty 300 is a fantastic Tig machine, but it sucks as a SMAW machine, the PowerArc 200 will run circles around the Dynasty for a SMAW machine.

Once again, this is making me want a PA-200....

/ What kind of welder? #34  
It depends on the model. Better as far as the 6010 capability and versatility. Won't be much difference with 6011,7018etc for the 250EX, but some of the lesser models don't have arc force control to the same extent as the EX is capable of. Most all of them will work well with 7018 and even 6011, but there are slight differences as you go down the line.

/ What kind of welder? #35  
It depends on the model. Better as far as the 6010 capability and versatility. Won't be much difference with 6011,7018etc for the 250EX, but some of the lesser models don't have arc force control to the same extent as the EX is capable of.

Wait so the powertigs can use 6010s as well? Also just wondering how good the powerarc 200 would be for tig welding with a tig rig.

/ What kind of welder? #36  
What rods are you using?

You know it strange to me with these inverter welders. My SA-200s could care less what brand you run with them. But the PowerArc 200 loves ESAB's Atom Arc 7018, and ESAB's Sureweld 10P, and 10P-Plus 6010. The Invertec loves Lincoln rod. Now do you think Lincoln had a plan here?:laughing:

But here lately I've been using Hobart's PipeLiner 60 6010, a lot less smoke than any of Lincoln's 6010!

/ What kind of welder? #37  
Yeah, it would make some lincoln execs as red as their welders if they did not run their own rod well.:ashamed:

/ What kind of welder? #38  
Also just wondering how good the powerarc 200 would be for tig welding with a tig rig.
I think it runs a Tig rig great! Here again best arc for the BUCK. Hey as many times as I've typed this you'd think Mark would at least send me a ball cap! :laughing:

First picture is stainless to stainless, the second is stainless to mild steel.

Attachments

• Lap weld.jpg
    Lap weld.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 89
  • SS to MS Tig.JPG
    SS to MS Tig.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 98
   / What kind of welder? #39  
If we had some, I'd send 2. We've admittedly been lacking in that department.

/ What kind of welder? #40  
You know it strange to me with these inverter welders. My SA-200s could care less what brand you run with them. But the PowerArc 200 loves ESAB's Atom Arc 7018, and ESAB's Sureweld 10P, and 10P-Plus 6010. The Invertec loves Lincoln rod. Now do you think Lincoln had a plan here?:laughing:

But here lately I've been using Hobart's PipeLiner 60 6010, a lot less smoke than any of Lincoln's 6010!

I just got a 10# box of lincoln 7018AC, havnt got to try them out yet. My lincoln doesnt seem too picky about rods. (even if it was, I couldnt tell)