Airco wire welder

/ Airco wire welder #1  

jimmyb1

Tractor
FORD 3400, YR. 1974 GAS
Just bought a Airco mig welder trying to find a manual for it, I look a little for but no luck. Here is what is on it. Any help would be great.
Model # 2DVR-24B
Serial # L238686

Thanks Jim

/ Airco wire welder #2  
Maybe contact Miller, seems as I remember Miller owned Airco.
For about 3-years straight I pulled trigger on a Airco Mig. To look at them they don't seem like much, but they are tough as nails.

/ Airco wire welder
It is a 3 phase, some one put a converter on, it is big also came out of a chrysler plant. Thats all i know about it.
Jim

/ Airco wire welder #4  
The ones we used were 3-phase too. We ran mostly 1/16th inch Mig and dual shield, not unusual to run 50lbs a day.

They looked a lot like this one, but Airco, with orange feeders.

Attachments

• CP300.jpg
    CP300.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 258
   / Airco wire welder
This one is orange with orange wire feed on top, 2 big hand dials one for voltage an one for slope.
Jim

/ Airco wire welder #6  
This one is orange with orange wire feed on top, 2 big hand dials one for voltage an one for slope.
Jim

Actually when Hobart decided to sell off the Welding Division. ITW ( Miller ) bought the small units 200 amps and less and Thermadyne bought the large units and that spawned Thermal Arc. Nassco Ship yard in SanDiego has 4000 Of the Hobart/Thermal Arc units. If you call Thermal Arc tech. They can still source some of the old Hobart manuals from the archives.

/ Airco wire welder #7  
Throw pics up in the Miller forums and weldingweb too. Both places have lots of Airco owners.

I find that using multiple welding forums for any question gets the most info.

/ Airco wire welder
Thanks everbody.

/ Airco wire welder
Been working with welder an can't get the weld hot enough, brother-inlaw came over smae thing for him. Looked in the feed control box an there is a blown capacitor in the power control panel. Looks like i will scrap it out.

/ Airco wire welder #10  
Been working with welder an can't get the weld hot enough, brother-inlaw came over smae thing for him. Looked in the feed control box an there is a blown capacitor in the power control panel. Looks like i will scrap it out.

Why not just get a new capacitor, then you will have a good welder. Wont cost too much to get it fixed, it would be a shame to scrap a good old welder like that.