Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #111  
Deereman,

If there is anything we can do let us know! :thumbsup:

I dont think there really is. I just have to go in from 2:30 to 4, so I think I will be fine. I could always leave a note to leave it by the door is I am not there.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #112  
Update: my new welder just arrived, I am just about to open it.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #113  
Well I just unpacked it, and it looks good. The only issues I see are the stinger is a bit cheesy, and the instructions are in chinglish, and seem to have bullet holes in them. :laughing: I have a bernard shortstub I will put on it if I hate the electrode holder it came with.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters
Let me see if we have an up to date version of the manual! :thumbsup:

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #115  
Well I just tested it out, and I love it. The arc sounds so differnt compared to my tombstone and its 60hz buzz. It welds really smooth. I am totally lost with the DC amperage settings, and I have no clue about the hot start and arc force. It will take me a while to get used to the settings on it, the tombstone was so much less confusing.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #116  
Isn't that DC arc a joy compared to that "buzzy thing" ? You will figure it out, and be an expert in no time.

James K0UA

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #117  
Isn't that DC arc a joy compared to that "buzzy thing" ? You will figure it out, and be an expert in no time.

James K0UA

I have just burned 6 rods, and I already love it. I doubt the "buzzy thing" will be fired up much anymore. Only when what I am working on is magnitized. Now I just got to get me one of those new fangled mig things for sheet metal to replace my gas welder. :drool: :laughing:

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #118  
I have used 1/16 6013 with some success on sheet metal. down to about 25 amps. I tell you what tho. I am liking this TIG thing, and it will be my go to for sheet metal from now on.. You got most of what you need, Just the torch 75 bucks and the regulator is about 26 bucks. But buying the cylinder ( I gave $210 for a 125 cu ft that was filled) is the bad part. If you could get around that then maybe that would help. Anyway good luck and keep at it. Weld on!

James K0UA

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #119  
Well ignore my comment on the cheesy stinger. It looked a little cheesy because it had grooves only on the bottom, and a flat piece on the top. It works perfectly fine though. I actually like it more then my bernard shortstub. Also, the twist lock conectors seem to be very good quality. My father who is a die hard "buy top quality" man said it looks very well made, and cant wait to try it out. I give both longevity and the stickweld 250 a big :thumbsup: And I look forward to doing buisness with them in the future.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #120  
Deereman75 I know you were having trouble with breaker tripping with the old buzzbox, have you taken the new rig up to the threshold of breaker tripping yet? or do you find the power saving of the inverter design a help in area?

James K0UA