Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    1946 cockshutt 60

Default Re: Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Deereman75 I know you were having trouble with breaker tripping with the old buzzbox, have you taken the new rig up to the threshold of breaker tripping yet? or do you find the power saving of the inverter design a help in area?

James K0UA
    I havnt took it up high enough to trip it yet. I was welding at 130 amps for a bit, which would often trip the breaker with the tombstone. It was fine. Today I will crank it up as high as I can until I trip it.
    Never carry gasoline in your car trunk. If you do, atleast use some sort of container.
    -red green

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Tractorless :(

Default Re: Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by deereman75 View Post
    It looked a little cheesy because it had grooves only on the bottom, and a flat piece on the top.
    That's how my Lenco is. Works well except that the only place it will hold 1/16 is straight out the end.

Ian
    Everlast PowerArc200

Tractor
    1946 cockshutt 60

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire View Post
    That's how my Lenco is. Works well except that the only place it will hold 1/16 is straight out the end.

Ian
    Ok so it seems that is kind of normal. As I said it works perfectly fine, I like it.
    Never carry gasoline in your car trunk. If you do, atleast use some sort of container.
    -red green

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Deereman75 I know you were having trouble with breaker tripping with the old buzzbox, have you taken the new rig up to the threshold of breaker tripping yet? or do you find the power saving of the inverter design a help in area?

James K0UA
    The manual does not state what the input amp requirement is. What would you expect with the inverter technology is the input amp requirement? I was thinking a 50 amp circuit is probably required but a 40 amp might work. Depends on the output voltage at 250 amps and the losses in the inverter. Any ideas?
    What is your circuit that you are using deereman75?

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Everlast's PA200 draws 37a at 200, so if the designs are similar, 250 should draw about 46a.
    Everlast PowerArc200

Tractor
    1946 cockshutt 60

Quote Originally Posted by Trovenn Forestry View Post
    The manual does not state what the input amp requirement is. What would you expect with the inverter technology is the input amp requirement? I was thinking a 50 amp circuit is probably required but a 40 amp might work. Depends on the output voltage at 250 amps and the losses in the inverter. Any ideas?
    What is your circuit that you are using deereman75?
    I am stuck with 30 amps. It works perfect, I just dont turn it up all the way. The biggest rod I normaly use is a 7018 1/8. For those I have more than enough power with my breaker. I am not sure how many amps it draws maxed out. When it stops raining, I will see how many amps I can get out of it before I trip the breaker.
    -red green

Veteran Member
    Tractor

The highest setting I've used on mine was 180a with 5/32" 6011 to burn the center out of a couple rims before I got the plasma. Highest I've used welding is 130a with 1/8" 7014 or 7018.

Ian
    Everlast PowerArc200

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire View Post
    The highest setting I've used on mine was 180a with 5/32" 6011 to burn the center out of a couple rims before I got the plasma. Highest I've used welding is 130a with 1/8" 7014 or 7018.

Ian
    Thats the thing, I never seem to need anything more than about 125 with 1/8 7018 maybe 135 with 1/8 7014.. I have never had my PA160 maxed out, I just dont weld things thick enough to need much more.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Quote Originally Posted by deereman75 View Post
    I am stuck with 30 amps. It works perfect, I just dont turn it up all the way. The biggest rod I normaly use is a 7018 1/8. For those I have more than enough power with my breaker. I am not sure how many amps it draws maxed out. When it stops raining, I will see how many amps I can get out of it before I trip the breaker.
    From the top of my head, it will draw 49amps max at 250amp setting on the machine. Do not quote me though. We test our machines in Hayward at a 50amp breaker.
    Toll Free Phone: 877-566-4462
    Email: sales@longevitywelding.com
    Web: www.longevity-inc.com

YouTube Welding Channel:: www.youtube.com/longevitywelding

Welding Forum

LONGEVITY is Hiring! All Positions! Send resume to jobs@longevity-inc.com

For Quick Price Quotes, please email: daniel@longevity-inc.com or simon@longevity-inc.com

Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts.
    Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

Quote Originally Posted by longevity View Post
    in Hayward.
    Oh, home sweet home!

Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse.
    Lincoln LF-72 wire feeder.
    Lincoln SG Spool gun.

2 Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300.
    Everlast PowerArc 200.
    Everlast PowerArc 300.
    3 Lincoln SA-200s.