Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #121  
Deereman75 I know you were having trouble with breaker tripping with the old buzzbox, have you taken the new rig up to the threshold of breaker tripping yet? or do you find the power saving of the inverter design a help in area?

James K0UA

I havnt took it up high enough to trip it yet. I was welding at 130 amps for a bit, which would often trip the breaker with the tombstone. It was fine. Today I will crank it up as high as I can until I trip it.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #122  
It looked a little cheesy because it had grooves only on the bottom, and a flat piece on the top.

That's how my Lenco is. Works well except that the only place it will hold 1/16 is straight out the end.

Ian

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #123  
That's how my Lenco is. Works well except that the only place it will hold 1/16 is straight out the end.

Ian

Ok so it seems that is kind of normal. As I said it works perfectly fine, I like it.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #124  
Deereman75 I know you were having trouble with breaker tripping with the old buzzbox, have you taken the new rig up to the threshold of breaker tripping yet? or do you find the power saving of the inverter design a help in area?

James K0UA

The manual does not state what the input amp requirement is. What would you expect with the inverter technology is the input amp requirement? I was thinking a 50 amp circuit is probably required but a 40 amp might work. Depends on the output voltage at 250 amps and the losses in the inverter. Any ideas?
What is your circuit that you are using deereman75?

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #125  
Everlast's PA200 draws 37a at 200, so if the designs are similar, 250 should draw about 46a.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #126  
The manual does not state what the input amp requirement is. What would you expect with the inverter technology is the input amp requirement? I was thinking a 50 amp circuit is probably required but a 40 amp might work. Depends on the output voltage at 250 amps and the losses in the inverter. Any ideas?
What is your circuit that you are using deereman75?

I am stuck with 30 amps. It works perfect, I just dont turn it up all the way. The biggest rod I normaly use is a 7018 1/8. For those I have more than enough power with my breaker. I am not sure how many amps it draws maxed out. When it stops raining, I will see how many amps I can get out of it before I trip the breaker.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #127  
The highest setting I've used on mine was 180a with 5/32" 6011 to burn the center out of a couple rims before I got the plasma. Highest I've used welding is 130a with 1/8" 7014 or 7018.

Ian

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #128  
The highest setting I've used on mine was 180a with 5/32" 6011 to burn the center out of a couple rims before I got the plasma. Highest I've used welding is 130a with 1/8" 7014 or 7018.

Ian

Thats the thing, I never seem to need anything more than about 125 with 1/8 7018 maybe 135 with 1/8 7014.. I have never had my PA160 maxed out, I just dont weld things thick enough to need much more.

James K0UA

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters
I am stuck with 30 amps. It works perfect, I just dont turn it up all the way. The biggest rod I normaly use is a 7018 1/8. For those I have more than enough power with my breaker. I am not sure how many amps it draws maxed out. When it stops raining, I will see how many amps I can get out of it before I trip the breaker.

From the top of my head, it will draw 49amps max at 250amp setting on the machine. Do not quote me though. We test our machines in Hayward at a 50amp breaker.