Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #131  
Well its offical. The longevity stickweld 250 is the best welder I have ever used. With 7018 I can jamb the rod in the puddle and it makes very nice smooth beads. With the 6010 port, it burns 6011 very well. I just have no burn a few more pounds of 6011/6010 to get that nice stack of dimes look. I only have maybe 2# of 6011 left, so when I run out I will go to air liquide and get some 6010. One cool thing I saw at my local tool store (they sell air liquide rods and wire as well) was 3/32 7024. I didnt think they even made those. I will have to grab 5# next time I am there.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #132  
I knew you would like it, your welding results just went up about 3 notches didn't they. I am telling you guys if you want better results and nicer looking beads, get a DC inverter welder.

James K0UA

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #133  
I knew you would like it, your welding results just went up about 3 notches didn't they. I am telling you guys if you want better results and nicer looking beads, get a DC inverter welder.

James K0UA

Exactly. After I burn a few more # of rods, I will write up a real review. Well see how it works with 6010 and 7024.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #134  
I've never even seen any 7024 in any size. Did read that it was for flat/fillet welding only and required a lot of power. What is it's purpose?

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #135  
I've never even seen any 7024 in any size. Did read that it was for flat/fillet welding only and required a lot of power. What is it's purpose?

Oh ya I know all about 7024 (spent about a day reading about them on weldingweb) 7024 was mainly used for fab work before mig was around. It will lay down a big, smooth, fat weld, very easily. I have never tried it, since I had only seen it in 1/8 or bigger in 50# boxes. Now that I saw it in a 5# box, I cant help but get some to try out. The 3/32 would be nice because it wouldnt need as much amperage. I will see if my longevity can get enough amperage out of the 30 amp breaker to run 1/8 7024. If it can, I would get the 1/8 ones.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #136  
What is it's purpose?

It's extremely fast! Meant for flat, and horizontal welding. I've been stuck where it was the only rod on hand, and I had to run it vertical up hill. Talk about move fast!:laughing:

They are all probably dead by now, but guys who use to build tanks before wire feeds came out would set on a little cart and run one rod after another, never lifting their hood. They would have one hand full of rods, the other hand holding the stinger.:cool:

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters
Well its offical. The longevity stickweld 250 is the best welder I have ever used. With 7018 I can jamb the rod in the puddle and it makes very nice smooth beads. With the 6010 port, it burns 6011 very well. I just have no burn a few more pounds of 6011/6010 to get that nice stack of dimes look. I only have maybe 2# of 6011 left, so when I run out I will go to air liquide and get some 6010. One cool thing I saw at my local tool store (they sell air liquide rods and wire as well) was 3/32 7024. I didnt think they even made those. I will have to grab 5# next time I am there.

Deereman! Very cool! I am glad you are liking the unit. Let me know if you get chance to post some pics. The StickWeld is a very popular model for us! With the special we ran, there will be a few more reviews up shortly!

I am hoping to get someone into a plasma cutter!

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #139  
Deereman! Very cool! I am glad you are liking the unit. Let me know if you get chance to post some pics. The StickWeld is a very popular model for us! With the special we ran, there will be a few more reviews up shortly!

I am hoping to get someone into a plasma cutter!

Well we finally have some nice blue sky here today, so I will do some more welding, and post some pictures of the welds and machine. I have to say the ground clamp is also very good, th copper jaws are nice. If you ever want me to test new machines, just let me know. :thumbsup:

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #140  
Shield,

Where in Hayward are you? We are off Depot road!

I lived in California for about 20 years, Union City, Hayward, Alameda, Livermore, Tracy, Ripon, Bethel Island. Worked all over the Bay Area, and in LA.
Recognize this?

Attachments

• Bay bridge.jpg
    Bay bridge.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 167