Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters
Oh yeah! The bay bridge. My friend's dad works for Caltrans as an engineer and has something to do with building that section. They have come a long way since it first started even though I think they are past the deadline.

Cool thing is, the Dad promised to give me and his son a tour when near completion before the grand opening! Its on my list along with a Police Ride Along with our neighbor. The City of San Francisco has some interesting police stories.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #142  
I worked on the estimate for the first phase, but retired before my company was awarded the contract. One billion, 316 million, and some change. I think they got the first 3-phases.

How awesome was that experience?

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #144  
Oh God I hated working in the office, especially the main office! I'd much rather be out in the field with the guys.:cool:

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #145  
Deereman! Very cool! I am glad you are liking the unit. Let me know if you get chance to post some pics. The StickWeld is a very popular model for us! With the special we ran, there will be a few more reviews up shortly!

I am hoping to get someone into a plasma cutter!

If you have another special like that I would be in a plasma :thumbsup:

Oh God I hated working in the office, especially the main office! I'd much rather be out in the field with the guys.:cool:

What were you responsible for while working there?

If you have another special like that I would be in a plasma :thumbsup:

Give us a call. I can see what we can do for you. I am not sure about the 40% off, but we will try to take care of you.

Simon
510-887-7090

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #149  
StickWeld 250 Review

Pro's:
At the Power Output of 250 Amps DC, it is a light weight and compact unit.
Awesome Duty Cycle ratings
Dinse connectors make changing polarity and adding a lead for more reach easy.
Copper contacts on the ground clamp

Con's:
Manual could be improved

Purchased to replace my stolen stick machine. The discount made it a great opportunity to get back my stick welding capabilities. Biggest problem, as with anything, I now want more stuff for it. As in 25' and 50' work leads, 160 amp whip, 50' of 8 gauge power cord, large selection of electrodes and a modified hand truck to tote it all around.

I wanted a handle for mine so I made me one. It slides into existing slots on the front and rear covers which required no modification to the machine. Material used was 1/8"x1-1/2" flat, 1/2" pipe and 3ea 1/8" 6011 rods. The flat bar needed to be ground thinner so it would easily slide into the cover slots.

I am a Happy Camper... much more welder than I needed!

Attachments

• StickWeld_250_handle_01s.jpg
    StickWeld_250_handle_01s.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 389
  • StickWeld_250_handle_02s.jpg
    StickWeld_250_handle_02s.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 235
   / Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #150  
StickWeld 250 Review

Pro's:
At the Power Output of 250 Amps DC, it is a light weight and compact unit.
Awesome Duty Cycle ratings
Dinse connectors make changing polarity and adding a lead for more reach easy.
Copper contacts on the ground clamp

Con's:
Manual could be improved

Purchased to replace my stolen stick machine. The discount made it a great opportunity to get back my stick welding capabilities. Biggest problem, as with anything, I now want more stuff for it. As in 25' and 50' work leads, 160 amp whip, 50' of 8 gauge power cord, large selection of electrodes and a modified hand truck to tote it all around.

I wanted a handle for mine so I made me one. It slides into existing slots on the front and rear covers which required no modification to the machine. Material used was 1/8"x1-1/2" flat, 1/2" pipe and 3ea 1/8" 6011 rods. The flat bar needed to be ground thinner so it would easily slide into the cover slots.

I am a Happy Camper... much more welder than I needed!

Good review, glad your happy. I love my stickweld 250, I am going to burn a few more pounds of rods before I write my review.