Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #12  
How the heck did you manage to do that?

Well first of all it was an elcheepo I got for by birthday years ago. (about ryobi lever of quality) I was working it quite hard, jammed it, and the plastic gears stripped out. Now when you use it, the motor spind, and the chuck doesnt. I am planning to replace it with a dewalt 20v max drill/impact combo.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #13  
Everybody makes fun of my old Craftsman 19.2 on the jobsite, but it's still going strong after about ten years, with original batteries.. I just picked up the 18v. Porter-Cable for the shop, they're both way less than the DeWalts.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #14  
Everybody makes fun of my old Craftsman 19.2 on the jobsite, but it's still going strong after about ten years, with original batteries.. I just picked up the 18v. Porter-Cable for the shop, they're both way less than the DeWalts.

Home depot has a dewalt 20v max compact drill and impact combo for $175. I hope to get it today or tomorrow. Less then a milwaukee m18 drill alone.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #15  
Think you need that impact driver?? They seem like the 'tool du jour' to me. Half the guys that have them only have one saw, know what I mean?

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #16  
Think you need that impact driver?? They seem like the 'tool du jour' to me. Half the guys that have them only have one saw, know what I mean?

My dad got a 12v makita impact, and it is great. Perfect for fencing, framing, drywall, and machanical repair work. I can just imagine how nice one with 3x the torque would be.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #17  
Sounds like you have yourself talked into one.. framing and trim is all pneumatics, drywall you HAVE to have a collated screwgun. Just sayin..

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #18  
Sounds like you have yourself talked into one.. framing and trim is all pneumatics, drywall you HAVE to have a collated screwgun. Just sayin..

If your doing any more then say 6 feet of framing, then it is worth it to set up the air nailer. For fencing, impacts are the best. As far as drywall, we have an old all metal drywall screwgun that my grandfather got used in the 50s, still works alright, but the clutch is going. If your doing say a room or whole wall, then it is worth getting it out. If your just doing a patch, say after some plumbing, it is faster to use an impact, and with the impact you can get the screws to the perfect depth as well. (takes a bit of practice though, and have caused more dammage to walls with the screwgun then the impact) Remember, I am not building houses for a living, I am doing things like fixing fences my horse breaks, and repairs/renos to our house. The other reason I want one is I often do mechanic work, and they are great for assembly/dissassembly. Nice to be able to quickly install and remove bolts without getting out the air impact and starting up the compressor.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #19  
I agree with you about the fencing.

/ Longevity Welding - MIG TIG Stick Multi Process Welders and Plasma Cutters #20  
I received one of the 18v Ryobi impacts as a gift, and while I would have never bought it myself, the thing has been quite useful. I used it last summer on a deck build project and it really is the cats meow for sinking deck screws and great for disassembly as noted before. I received one of the new 3Rill Rockwell drill driver impacts for Christmas, but I havent really put it to any real work yet.

James K0UA