For those with a Plasma cutter...

/ For those with a Plasma cutter... #1  

Haywire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless :(
BUY A ROLLER GUIDE. Make it a priority. The ease of use is greatly improved with one over the wire standoff that comes with the torch. The stance is wider which makes it more stable side to side and that means less tendency to tilt the torch. My cuts in 1/2" plate are much cleaner and straighter with no dross at all. With the wire standoff, I was wobbling a bit side to side and that caused a lot of dross underneath.

I am really pleased with mine as you can tell. This is the one I got. It fits Trafimet S45 torches which come with the Everlast PP50 as well as the Harbor Freight and Eastwood cutters.

Ian

/ For those with a Plasma cutter... #2  
Can you please measure the ID of the ring please?

/ For those with a Plasma cutter... #3  
I've never used one of those, looks very interesting! I guess I'm just too old school, I generally use a burning bar. Do the wheels help keep the torch going in a straight line, so you wouldn't need a straight edge?

Attachments

• Burning bar.jpg
    Burning bar.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 631
   / For those with a Plasma cutter... #4  
I've never used one of those, looks very interesting! I guess I'm just too old school, I generally use a burning bar. Do the wheels help keep the torch going in a straight line, so you wouldn't need a straight edge?

you need to come into the 21st century.....HEHE

heres mine

Attachments

• plate 2.jpg
    plate 2.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 510
   / For those with a Plasma cutter... #5  
I got one of those too. ;)

Attachments

• After cooler.jpg
    After cooler.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 448
  • 1 cut.jpg
    1 cut.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 542
   / For those with a Plasma cutter... #9  
So why the burning bar????

I am guessing he uses it with the O/A torch. And for things that wont fit on the table. And for things it isnt worth setting up the table for.

/ For those with a Plasma cutter... #10  
You must have a lot bigger CNC machine than I do. My machine will only cut 3-inches in height, so something like this won't fit under the torch.

Attachments

• cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 713