Ground clamps.

/ Ground clamps. #1  

Willl

Elite Member
Always been kind of old school with ground clamps. Just your standard spring loaded clamp.
Didn't hesitate a second to tack weld it to my work if it didn't make contact on the first try.

Even tried the magnet style. No thanks, went back to my clamp.

Till now.

One of the shops I work at got these.

storm_grounding.2178.jpg

Little more time to connect up, but so far, good connection first time, every time.

Liked it so much, got the parts guy to order one for home.

/ Ground clamps. #2  
Looks like a Linemans type to ground. If you watch EBAY these kinds of things come up from time to time. I have a couple and now I need to make a new leader w/ quick disconnects so I can chage to suit.

/ Ground clamps. #3  
That looks good. I will be needing a new ground clamp soon. The one on my lincoln is crap, and I doubt the one on my new longevity will be much better.

/ Ground clamps. #6  
Where that C-clamp style would work for me is on welding larger tubes together. For instance when I weld my backhoe frame together I'll have a continuous square of 3" X 3" tube. There will be no way to connect my spring loaded ground clamp that only opens up to about 2". In that past I have connected a C-clamp to the work, and then clipped my ground clamp to that.

Another tool that would be nice is some type of grounding vice to hold smaller pieces when welding them together. I've fabricated some stuff small enough that the grounding clamp covered most of the piece.

/ Ground clamps. #7  
The Tweco clamp below is standard fair, the CHANCE clamp was picked up on EBAY for, I think I paid $27.00 . I do believe that is close to a $400.00 clamp! I have been looking a for a deal on ground wire to re-work the ground assembly on my Miller Vintage.

grounds.jpg

/ Ground clamps.
I like that visegrip style. It would be quick too.

/ Ground clamps. #9  
Do any of you ever ground both pieces when welding two different sections together or do you ground just the one?