What are these clamps used for?

/ What are these clamps used for? #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
This is a total novice question, I know; but please humor me.

When I got my first welder years ago, I got a basket of goodies and junk with it. In that basket were a couple of welding vice grips (pictured). I've seen these for sale before, but I've never seen them used. I'm convinced there's some welding task that would be simplified if only I knew what these clamps were for.

How do you use these?

Do you have any pictures?

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 493
   / What are these clamps used for? #2  
The one of the left is to hold two pieces together, and you tack in between the jaws. The one on the right is like a small hand held sheet metal break.

/ What are these clamps used for? #3  
The pair on the left are used in welding to clamp akward pieces. The pair on the right are for holding sheet metal for drilling, spot welding, ect. Work as a hand seamer too. Excellent tool in sheet metal fabrication. . . John

/ What are these clamps used for?
The pair on the left are used in welding to clamp akward pieces. The pair on the right are for holding sheet metal for drilling, spot welding, ect. Work as a hand seamer too. Excellent tool in sheet metal fabrication. . . John

I'd love to see how one is used as a hand seamer.

/ What are these clamps used for? #5  
I'd love to see how one is used as a hand seamer.

Scribe a line where you want your hem and place the jaws on the line and bend a 45 degree angle. Move the jaws about 4 inches and bend the tin again. repeat to the end of the line. Then start at the starting point again and bend to 90 degrees. Run to the end of the line. Then start at the starting point again and bend to 135 degrees. Finally flatten with a ball peen hammer.

/ What are these clamps used for? #6  
The one of the left is to hold two pieces together, and you tack in between the jaws. The one on the right is like a small hand held sheet metal break.

Tongs, usually without the vise grips part though, I guess if you were bending a slightly heavier gauge sheet metal.

/ What are these clamps used for? #7  
looks like a spot welder would fit in the middle of the ones on the left.

/ What are these clamps used for? #8  
The one of the left to hold two flat pieces while a butt weld is being done down the center. Slide the two pieces of steel together in the jaws with the joint in the middle and run your bead.
One on the right has multiple uses. These work great for bending lips in 16 gauge and lighter material. I have the non-vicegrip brother of these as well.

Hope that helps.