Does running mig/shielding gas penetrate deeper than running flux core?

/ Does running mig/shielding gas penetrate deeper than running flux core? #11  
about the inverter stick welders, I have a longevity stickweld 250, and it is very good. I havnt used it a whole lot yet, but so far I highly recomend it. The switch from an ac tombstone to that made me 2x better of a welder.

/ Does running mig/shielding gas penetrate deeper than running flux core? #12  
Are these the only two brands of invertor welders on the market? I would like to do a little price shopping before I purchase.

Don't forget Everlast. I have one and I'm happy with it.

/ Does running mig/shielding gas penetrate deeper than running flux core? #13  
how many amps does a 220v Arc or Mig generally draw from the panel? Right now my service to the panel to the garage is only 50 amp. I still have plenty of breaker space and the garage has flourescent lights so as long as I am not running any other heavy draw items i would think I could get away with a maximum of a 220 v 40 amp draw. Is this enough to run an old lincoln "grandfather clock" arc or a 125 amp mig?

Thanks for clearing up the mig/flux issue for me. I always had mixed feelings towards flux but it sounds like I was asking more from my welder than it was capable of doing hence the weak welds and lack of penetration.

I run my 255 lincoln mig off of a 40 amp circuit with no problem. If you were running a stick machine with baseball size rod you would have problems. I had a 40 amp circuit on my big Miller stick machine and it would trip the breaker if I was running high amps 180+ for long periods of time. Jumped to a 60 amp and no more problems. I doubt you will be burning 1/2" and 3/4" plate steel together. I would love to get my hands on another of the red clock style welders you are talking about! Where are you located in Michigan? CJ