Massey Ferguson Exhaust Rebuild

/ Massey Ferguson Exhaust Rebuild #1  

ChuckE2009

Silver Member
Hey everyone!!

So, this is my latest project... A buddy of mine is fixing up this old MF 1135 to start growing grain with, and it needs, among other things, a new exhaust and a transmission rebuild. So, the other day he stopped by here and we welded up a replacement exhaust, and then a day later, he stopped by again and we took the tractor about 20 miles from the farm. Was about a two hour trip, condensed into 19 mins for YouTube, lol.

But anyway, here it is. The pipe itself is 3.5", and instead of bending it, we cut 22.5 degree miters and welded it up. Its all phil's design anyway, he just kind of went to town and I just did the welding. lol. We figured that the miter cuts would reduce the flow of the exhaust, but he's not too worried about that because running a straightpipe-instead of a muffler like it originally had, should compensate for that.

At first I tigged it up using .035 Lincoln L56 SuperArc mig wire as filler, but then I ran out of Argon and migged the rest. That wasn't as pretty... But hey, this is my first time welding up exhaust :/

But anyway, we got it fitted up, welded out, and bolted down, and then painted everything with some High-Heat BBQ Paint left over from when I built the Smoker. I think it turned out really well!! Phil sure like it!!

Anyway, this is what I've been working on here lately, just thought I'd share. Hope everyone's having a good (almost) weekend!! :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tORPVg8uRyQ]Massey Ferguson Tractor Exhaust Rebuild Project - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GuNHvXqQCk]Massey Ferguson 1135 Roadtrip - YouTube[/ame]

/ Massey Ferguson Exhaust Rebuild #2  
I know the bbq paint will work well. For my restorations, the mufflers always get a shot of that, never burns off. I look forwored to watching the videos when I get the time. Keep it up.

/ Massey Ferguson Exhaust Rebuild #3  
Compared to my small 4 wheel drive Montana tractor, that's a monster!
Please keep us updated.

RC

/ Massey Ferguson Exhaust Rebuild #4  
I know the bbq paint will work well. For my restorations, the mufflers always get a shot of that, never burns off. I look forwored to watching the videos when I get the time. Keep it up.

I second you on everything you said. Bookmarking right now for future viewing ....

/ Massey Ferguson Exhaust Rebuild #5  
ChuckE2009 said:
Hey everyone!!

So, this is my latest project... A buddy of mine is fixing up this old MF 1135 to start growing grain with, and it needs, among other things, a new exhaust and a transmission rebuild. So, the other day he stopped by here and we welded up a replacement exhaust, and then a day later, he stopped by again and we took the tractor about 20 miles from the farm. Was about a two hour trip, condensed into 19 mins for YouTube, lol.

But anyway, here it is. The pipe itself is 3.5", and instead of bending it, we cut 22.5 degree miters and welded it up. Its all phil's design anyway, he just kind of went to town and I just did the welding. lol. We figured that the miter cuts would reduce the flow of the exhaust, but he's not too worried about that because running a straightpipe-instead of a muffler like it originally had, should compensate for that.

At first I tigged it up using .035 Lincoln L56 SuperArc mig wire as filler, but then I ran out of Argon and migged the rest. That wasn't as pretty... But hey, this is my first time welding up exhaust :/

But anyway, we got it fitted up, welded out, and bolted down, and then painted everything with some High-Heat BBQ Paint left over from when I built the Smoker. I think it turned out really well!! Phil sure like it!!

Anyway, this is what I've been working on here lately, just thought I'd share. Hope everyone's having a good (almost) weekend!! :)

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tORPVg8uRyQ

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GuNHvXqQCk

ChuckE

Nice work!

Just a word of caution. If you have children aboard with you keep the cab door closed.

Just take a look at safety section for all the kid/tractor related deaths!

Bsafe and keep up the good work